Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stage makeup.

• 27-09-2010 1:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭

I'm looking for a supplier of film/stage makeup in Dublin, particularlly for liquid latex. Would anyone here know of such a supplier?
    :)

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Have you tried some of the Makeup colleges like LA Makeup Academy? The do courses in stage and TV makeup and I'd say they sell makeup aswel..

Might be worth a look anyway..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭LeahK

Makeup Forever on Clarendon Street stock film and theatre makeup! I wouldnt buy any cheapo stuff from pound shops or anything as you could easily be allergic.
    If you have time and need a lot of supplies I recommend http://www.charlesfox.co.uk/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 yummers

I'd register for the b.i.t.e show and id say you would get it there next weekend in the rds and cheaper as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 867 ✭✭✭giddybootz

yummers wrote: »
    I'd register for the b.i.t.e show and id say you would get it there next weekend in the rds and cheaper as well

I think that is a trade only event, requiring trade id....no?

Old Goat ... the joke/costume shop beside the gaiety has some stuff. If you tell me by PM or on FB what you need i might be able to help as I buy a good bit of this stuff and have a box of supplies!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Giddz, I was going to pick your brainzzzzz anyway once I picked up a few supplies. I just need a bit of disfiguering for Halloween so I'll be using the latex for torn skin, making up some blood with oil and coloring (and a few rice krispies for clots)...you know, the usual. Need to do a half wig too.:)

Two_Face.gif

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Advertisement

Ok then you need:
    FixBlood (comes in a small tube...dries FAST when you are working with it but gives a really brilliant effect) x 2
    Liguid Latex (shave any place you will be putting the latex onto...I have the Grimas one but if they have Mehron get that instead)
    Bottle of Blood (there is enough in this to do a whole family for a week! It's by Fun World)

I got all these in the place beside the Gaiety. Also some Snazzaroo black face paint...a little of this in places makes wounds more realistic. You can get this in the Art & Hobby shop.

If ya wanna pop in to me some day for a few tips just let me know :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 PeterBee

Hi,

Can this bllod be used around the eyes (will it affect the eyes)?
    THanks,
    -pete

No not those ones...you need a special blood for use in eyes. Like this one here https://www.lynchs.com/item--Kryolan-Eye-Blood-For-Professional-Use--5219.html

• Registered Users Posts: 7 PeterBee

Thanks fer dat. I was hoping to find a supplier in Ireland but so far ... no luck!

Advertisement