Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What nice things have you done today?

• 29-08-2020 11:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭

How did you make the world a better place today. Most of you sitting on your arse at a laptop or on the phone preaching but doing nothing.

I always try say hello to people as I pass, sorted out a load of clothes I never ended up wearing for charity shop and went for a few pints with a recently bereaved man to keep him company and try keep him busy.

Bought the wife flowers the other day because she looked abit stressed out with the school stuff and the weather was a bit dreary and rainy.

What nice things do you do if you are so great. Probably spent the day bragging about being on 100k in your big important job in dublin.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,409 ✭✭✭corner of hells

I took two senokot and had smoked cod for dinner , did a fine job clearing out my bowels.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭McGinniesta

Had a **** and a coffee slice.

Bought my niece a birthday present.

Fed my brothers dog

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

Aren't you just mighty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

Called several people c*nts. Told another w*nker to f*ck himself with an old style chimney brush. And scratched me hole.

Had a **** and a coffee slice.

Bought my niece a birthday present.

Fed my brothers dog

Not all at the same time I hope!

I slagged off someone on Boards.ie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

I mowed the neighbours front lawn.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,202 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Most of you sitting on your arse at a laptop or on the phone preaching but doing nothing.

This isn't a very nice thing to say OP.

I don't think boasting about doing nice things is nice.
    Bought the wife flowers the other day because she looked abit stressed out with the school stuff and the weather was a bit dreary and rainy.

You are meant to do ..she is YOUR wife.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Man with broke phone

This isn't a very nice thing to say OP.

I don't think boasting about doing nice things is nice.

You are meant to do ..she is YOUR wife.

Maybe it will spur some social layabouts to go do something positive. What did you do?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭monkeysnapper

I took my 3 kids to the beach and watched them play till their hearts were content then bought them an ice cream and took them home.

I took my 3 kids to the beach and watched them play till their hearts were content then bought them an ice cream and took them home.

Good stuff, make memories.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,202 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

What did you do?

You couldn't possibly imagine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

I gave everything away to someone who passed me on the street.
    You can now contact me at PO Box (cardboard).

Helped a mate work on a program for their cybersec masters, that backdoors into your device and sends all your social media posts and browsing history as links to all your contacts.

Took in two pups needing a foster home with veterinary experience for a couple of weeks.

Continued work on a blanket chest for a mate that's going to be a anniversary gift for his missus.

You couldn't possibly imagine.

I 100 per cent can.

Id say you drank coffee, ate stuff and fought sexism with no real direction or wide understanding for atleast 10 hours today.

DubInMeath wrote: »
    Helped a mate work on a program for their cybersec masters, that backdoors into your device and sends all your social media posts and browsing history as links to all your contacts.

Took in two pups needing a foster home with veterinary experience for a couple of weeks.

Continued work on a blanket chest for a mate that's going to be a anniversary gift for his missus.

The computer thing sounds abit evil. On balance would you say your day was a goody day or a baddy day?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

The computer thing sounds abit evil. On balance would you say your day was a goody day or a baddy day?

You've been watching too many 1970s cop shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭BuboBubo

I did fcuk all.

That was nice :)

All good and really enjoyable.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 MzMurfy

Self praise is no praise OP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,190 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Took the grandkids and the dog for a walk in the park. Glorious morning for it.

Woke up at 5 a.m. and in the words of a song:

And dreamt of a girl I used to know
    I closed my eyes and she slipped away
    She slipped away.

Unfortunately, she didn't slip away. Still awake at 7. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Helped to reunite a Filipina lady with her handbag this morning. On way home from the nightshift. Saw it plopped in the middle of a roundabout in my estate, bizarre. About 400 cash in it and all her ID’s and phone too. A nurse on her way to hospital stopped at the same time as I did and we brainstormed. The phone had a lock screen but we could see friends’ names attempting to call and from there we went on to her various social media platforms and contacted her mates. We got a result and she’s so relieved. Also reported it to local cop shop in case none of those plans worked.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Millionaire only not

Omackeral wrote: »
    Helped to reunite a Filipina lady with her handbag this morning. On way home from the nightshift. Saw it plopped in the middle of a roundabout in my estate, bizarre. About 400 cash in it and all her ID’s and phone too. A nurse on her way to hospital stopped at the same time as I did and we brainstormed. The phone had a lock screen but we could see friends’ names attempting to call and from there we went on to her various social media platforms and contacted her mates. We got a result and she’s so relieved. Also reported it to local cop shop in case none of those plans worked.

Can’t beat honest people

I kept to myself and annoyed nobody by pretending to be an American.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Can’t beat honest people

I was delighted the other person who was there was so decent. I spotted the bag in the roundabout. Went around again because I had to double check. When I got back around this other lady happened upon it just before myself. I’m glad I went over and didn’t just leave it because it wouldn’t sit right with me if I just went home.

The minute I saw there was a big wad of cash I said “let’s take a picture of the ID and money” but that was to ensure integrity. When I got chatting to the other lady I knew she was decent but still wanted to cover the point. That money could be someone’s rent for the month or whatever. Also why I phoned the Gardai tbh, just to cover everything.

Advertisement