Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What's your scene?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,626 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Growing up it was metal all the way.

Then my tastes broadened out and I listened to more classic rock. Discovered that, far from being dull stuff for the old bastards, The Beatles were the best band of all time - that kind of basic trajectory.

Got more into indieish type music, but still always retained a love for anything heavy involving a guy growling about dismembering people, that kind of thing.

These days I listen to a lot of different stuff -rock, metal, alternative (which is a bit of crap description), electronic, folk, hip-hop.

I don't know what scene that places me in. I know that 95% of my t-shirts are music related. I suppose I'm a metaller at heart and I'll always feel comfortable in some sweaty venue, which reeks of BO, with some fella on stage roaring his head off, but I'll generally go to most gigs that I can go to, regardless of genre.

I think once you get out of your twenties, to still actively take an interest in music - in the sense of seeking out new bands, acts or sounds and going to gigs - kind of becomes a "scene" in and of itself. Most of the people who I went to school or university with, who would have argued passionately, at length, about the merits of one album over another, or would have thought nothing of crossing the country to see a random band don't have quite the same passion for music that they once had. That's fair enough. Other responsibilities and interests develop in a person's life over time. People have kids and marriages to think about, I can understand how they mightn't have the time to check out the new FKA Twigs, or whatever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

Loads of stuff, but blues still the big one. I may or may not have been influenced by a dodgy movie back in the 80s starring Ralph Maccio.
    vlcsnap-2010-01-14-12h45m29s186.png

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Stevieluvsye

Don't have a "scene" anymore, appreciate all good music but back in the late 90's, early noughties it was mainly trance. Picotto, Judge Jules, Seb Fontaine and the likes. Many a good night in the Temple, followed by a set by Lisa Lashes down in the crypt. Been to Ibiza on a few occasions

Great days

• Registered Users Posts: 5,865 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

topper75 wrote: »
    Loads of stuff, but blues still the big one. I may or may not have been influenced by a dodgy movie back in the 80s starring Ralph Maccio.

I remember it well! A good/dodgy cameo from a certain Mr. Vai.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Sex, drugs and rock and roll baby and in that order too....... well used to be, these days it's mostly just the rock and roll:mad::mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Decuc500

Chapel Hill indie scene early to mid 90's, Grunge.

Advertisement