Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dividend tax question

• 10-09-2019 5:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I understand that the UK dividend tax is 0%, but what if a UK registered company is also trading in the German stock exchange. is the 25% german dividend tax applied in this case or since this is a UK based company the dividend tax would be 0% regardless of where the stock is traded?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 346 ✭✭thegolfer

Amouar wrote: »
    Hi all,

I understand that the UK dividend tax is 0%, but what if a UK registered company is also trading in the German stock exchange. is the 25% german dividend tax applied in this case or since this is a UK based company the dividend tax would be 0% regardless of where the stock is traded?

Thanks

The dwt is applied based on the tax residence of the company, so if a UK tax resident comp then UK why applies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Amouar

I assume that the first 2 letters of the ISIN code of each stock refers to the country where that specific company is tax resident. Am I correct?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭daheff

Amouar wrote: »
    I assume that the first 2 letters of the ISIN code of each stock refers to the country where that specific company is tax resident. Am I correct?

thats which country stock exchange its listed on is based.

In most cases I think you would be fairly ok to assume the company is also tax resident there....but you might get caught on some.

Advertisement