Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garden Fence Slats

Options
  • 07-09-2019 8:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭

Hi all

Where would I buy those garden fence salts that you see nailed into garden walls or hiding wheelie bins.

Really like them. Wouldn’t mind even making them. What wood, what cost, where would I buy.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,009 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Treated rough sawn timber, from any builders providers.

If you're cutting down further, treat cut ends (particularly end grain) with something like Protim 265.

Or you can use cedar or larch if you've money to burn. It looks nicer but is many times the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭karlitob

Lumen wrote: »
    Treated rough sawn timber, from any builders providers.

If you're cutting down further, treat cut ends (particularly end grain) with something like Protim 265.

Or you can use cedar or larch if you've money to burn. It looks nicer but is many times the price.

Good man. Thanks very much for that.

I’m looking to do a screen for wheelie bins, and a number of slatted screens for decoration on the boundary wall. Presumably those treated lumber can be painted without any problems.

Know anywhere with construction plans that I could reference.

Thanks again.

Advertisement