Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LinkedFinance - new website

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭tadcan

I have been unlucky as I loaned to the Gym, Manor farm and the roofing company who went into liqidation, out of 150 plus loans. I put in a request for the new site that the loans section show the total of defaulted loans. Still made 10% of my initial captial back in interest last year. so overall I'm happy with the investment. Fingers crossed no more will go insolvant and I'll earn interest from my remaining accumulated capital.

One thing people haven't mentioned is that companies can repay the loan early, four companies in my portfolio have done this. You loose a months interest repayment becuase the money has to be reloaned out and then wait a month for the first payment. In 2014 there were less loans and more competition so many loans average rate was 12% or lower. I like when the big investers put in the €1000 bids as they can slow the rate of interest drop. When your loan is head of the queue it gets chipped away when people bit with lower amounts, which the new site shows happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭sceach16

sceach16 wrote: »
    I got a response from Linked offering to send me details. They also identified the loan to me. But I responded as follows

Thanks BUT I want to be able to access the info on all my loans, please.

What you need is a link where borrowers can click on their "loans list" for each loan and bring up the original data which Linked Finance has on record.

I got a response from Linked Finance (James) which I show below

"Yeah I definitely take the point re being able to automatically bring up the details for loans you have lent to. It makes sense so I'll have a chat with the developers and log a request for it.

I am keeping an eye on the forum, nice to see a bit of conservation there last night too. Some good points being made that we are paying attention to!"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

Certainly has improved of late anyway but there are ways to go, new site has been huge step forward in improvement.

Early repayments are fair and if business has too much cash that the loan is not needed im happy for them to repay, but i'd like to a calculation behind it that shows the actual gained off it or what terms are.

One thing i'd like see is a bad debts section where status is updated of the bad loans aside from emails you get no where to check status.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭manonboard

Got my first loan repaid in full earlier. Seems they Paid up a couple of years early, BTS fitness

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭scheister

just looking into peer to peer finance. had my 1st loan accepted this morning with grid finance as a tester. But assuming it works out would be looking at doing more loans as no real point leaving money in the bank as interest rate is dire.
    Only thing with linked finance is the minimum of €50. can see the sense in it but may scare off people who want to drip their feet in the water

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

manonboard wrote: »
    Got my first loan repaid in full earlier. Seems they Paid up a couple of years early, BTS fitness

How did this manifest itself mob, did LF advise you that the loan was being repaid early and credit the balance back into your account, presumably you just got your capital back on the outstanding payments.

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭tadcan

I've had four loans repaid early. An email was sent for the first one, but now it just turns up as a refund in your account. Under the new Lent section it tells you how many have been refunded.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭hgfj

test

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 79 ✭✭strettie

Fifty savers a day joining peer-to-peer lending site
    POOR returns for savers who put money on deposit in banks has prompted an upsurge in what is known as crowd lending.
    Article Here

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭lcwill

scheister wrote: »
    just looking into peer to peer finance. had my 1st loan accepted this morning with grid finance as a tester. But assuming it works out would be looking at doing more loans as no real point leaving money in the bank as interest rate is dire.
    Only thing with linked finance is the minimum of €50. can see the sense in it but may scare off people who want to drip their feet in the water

I don't know much about Grid Finance but yes the minimum of E50 on LinkedFinance is a bit high - to get proper diversification you would want to be investing a minimum of several thousand euro in 50 euro pieces

Another option would be to look at some of the Eastern European sites like Bondora or Mintos that are open to anyone living in the EU - they have lower minimums (E5-10) and secondary markets so it is easier to get diversified and to sell your investments if you want out. Some loans on Mintos even have a buy-back guarantee if they default so your money is much safer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭scheister

lcwill wrote: »
    I don't know much about Grid Finance but yes the minimum of E50 on LinkedFinance is a bit high - to get proper diversification you would want to be investing a minimum of several thousand euro in 50 euro pieces

Another option would be to look at some of the Eastern European sites like Bondora or Mintos that are open to anyone living in the EU - they have lower minimums (E5-10) and secondary markets so it is easier to get diversified and to sell your investments if you want out. Some loans on Mintos even have a buy-back guarantee if they default so your money is much safer.

Grid finance has a lower minimum of €5 but at the moment a lot less borrowers think maybe 3/4 is the most I have seen at one time. My idea would be putting a little away each week from wages and switching between both sites depending on the offers that are being made. Just also wondering as I cant find a concrete answer online. What is the story taxwise if the loans become bad debts?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭manonboard

Cute Hoor wrote: »
    How did this manifest itself mob, did LF advise you that the loan was being repaid early and credit the balance back into your account, presumably you just got your capital back on the outstanding payments.

I just happened to have a look at my repayment schedule, and instead of the usual 6.49 or 3.45 type-ish of amounts, there was a 160 payment made.

It said "Settled" on the right column instead of whatever it usually says next to a payment.

Didnt see any mail, but i filter LF stuff because there are far too many mails sent out. I wouldnt of noticed unless i checked the payment amounts

Funny, I thought I had bid on a loan finishing today....24 Feb....but now I do not see any loan closing. I note that closings can be extended but is there some reason why this is done without any notification to persons who have bid based on earlier information.

Funny, I thought I had bid on a loan finishing today....24 Feb....but now I do not see any loan closing. I note that closings can be extended but is there some reason why this is done without any notification to persons who have bid based on earlier information.

LOAN WITHDRAWN!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Level 5 Vegan

Yeah couple of loans pushed back and one withdrawn today.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭spudwould

Yet another defaulter:
    On March the 6th you are scheduled to receive a monthly repayment to your account from Borrower Streamhall Ltd (formerly Pure Green Juice Ltd). Unfortunately, we have been informed that this payment will not be made as the company has entered liquidation.

It would be interesting to see the number defaulters there have been over the past 3 years.

spudwould wrote: »
    Yet another defaulter:
    On March the 6th you are scheduled to receive a monthly repayment to your account from Borrower Streamhall Ltd (formerly Pure Green Juice Ltd). Unfortunately, we have been informed that this payment will not be made as the company has entered liquidation.

It would be interesting to see the number defaulters there have been over the past 3 years.

How long till they defaulted?

manafana wrote: »
    How long till they defaulted?

14 months ... not a new loan ... but no where near paying back the principle.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

Yet another defaulter:

Should Linked Finance not get you some money from the liquidation?

cronos wrote: »

liquidations are nightmare, the accountants and banks take most if not all the money. They seem to struggle to even chase up personal guarentees.

• Advertisement

cronos wrote: »

They say they will chase it up but this is the 3rd loan and not a cent collected.
    One loan is in default a year now.

They say they will chase it up but this is the 3rd loan and not a cent collected.
    One loan is in default a year now.

Have you gotten any update over the year?

I cannot get into auction for Kieran Burns butchers tonight

Just going through all the open loans tonight and I notice 1 lender has offered 13k across all 13 open loans :eek:

I hope they are doing proper due dilligence on all the loans

strettie wrote: »
    I cannot get into auction for Kieran Burns butchers tonight

Just going through all the open loans tonight and I notice 1 lender has offered 13k across all 13 open loans :eek:

I just put a bid on, no problem. Yes, someone putting 13 @1000 is a lot but depends, they may have more to place than most mortals!

106 % funded on 40k at 13.07 average. No response to a number of questions. Not good enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

The amount of 'due diligence' any individual can do is limited, you really have to trust what they are telling you on the site, and take a view on how long they have been in business, how they present their case, their financials and how they answer questions. I'd do a google search as well, call around (if it's reasonably local) and after that it's a gut feeling for me.

The person who is investing the significant sum in most loans is probably doing no more due diligence than any of the rest of the lenders. He/She is doing the same as most of the rest of us, investing a reasonably flat amount across a significant number of loans, on the basis that if one (or more) go belly-up the return from the other loans will make up for the loss. That investor in in for well over €100k in well over 100 loans.

Cute Hoor wrote: »
    The amount of 'due diligence' any individual can do is limited, you really have to trust what they are telling you on the site, and take a view on how long they have been in business, how they present their case, their financials and how they answer questions. I'd do a google search as well, call around (if it's reasonably local) and after that it's a gut feeling for me.

The person who is investing the significant sum in most loans is probably doing no more due diligence than any of the rest of the lenders. He/She is doing the same as most of the rest of us, investing a reasonably flat amount across a significant number of loans, on the basis that if one (or more) go belly-up the return from the other loans will make up for the loss. That investor in in for well over €100k in well over 100 loans.

Absolutely agree with you and your first paragraph is very much what I have been doing with a alot smaller amount of money than that investor but trying to limit my exposure to default.

I just found it strange that they were willing to invest in every open loan last night as I felt there were a number of businesses on that list that I had crossed off my list simply from review of accounts, answers to questions and internet search .
    But like everything everyone has a different approach.:)

Absolutely agree with you and your first paragraph is very much what I have been doing with a alot smaller amount of money than that investor but trying to limit my exposure to default.

I just found it strange that they were willing to invest in every open loan last night as I felt there were a number of businesses on that list that I had crossed off my list simply from review of accounts, answers to questions and internet search .
    But like everything everyone has a different approach.:)

I think we should share our analysis summaries on there for each business. Would be interesting to get each other's view.

This loan (closing today) was originally set at 45000 euro. Even today , at 12.45, Linked sent an email promoting the loan of 45000. By about 13.20, it had morphed into a loan of 39000!

I am sure it is within the rules but TRANSPARENCY has been dumped again. All Linked and the lender need to do is show the reduction.

This was the biggest loan I have seen and was possibly too big a mouthful but it does not help to change the goalposts when the ball is in play.A short explanation would help.

Incidentally, I think it is a good loan and am happy to maintain my bids IN THIS CASE. linked may hit flak if terms of other loans are changed .

• Advertisement

This loan (closing today) was originally set at 45000 euro. Even today , at 12.45, Linked sent an email promoting the loan of 45000. By about 13.20, it had morphed into a loan of 39000!

I am sure it is within the rules but TRANSPARENCY has been dumped again. All Linked and the lender need to do is show the reduction.

This was the biggest loan I have seen and was possibly too big a mouthful but it does not help to change the goalposts when the ball is in play.A short explanation would help.

Incidentally, I think it is a good loan and am happy to maintain my bids IN THIS CASE. linked may hit flak if terms of other loans are changed .

I put this on the Q/A section of the loan. Linked emailed me a response and then deleted my question. I have reposted it.

Advertisement