Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General TV/Movie/VideoGame Thread-Use Spoiler Tags for Spoilers!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,471 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Hobbs & Shaw is the most stupid over the top cgi infested overacting ridiculous crazy film and I loved every minute of it.

Pure summer popcorn.

A sequel and Idris (Brixton) spin off already talked about

Reigns did well with no lines :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Arrow's Stephen Amell to Headline 8-Episode Wrestling Drama Heels at Starz

https://tvline.com/2019/08/19/stephen-amell-heels-starz-wrestling-series-cast/

Surely Cody Rhodes will get a role :p

The Rock tops Forbes list of the world’s highest paid actors

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

sky88 wrote: »

I never liked Tom Holland as Spiderman, now to be fair I'm not a fan of the comics and others have said he's the perfect Spiderman but I just found him ugh and lost interest in movies anytime he appeared on screen.

https://twitter.com/getFANDOM/status/1164629900889747456

They've already filmed the Breaking Bad movie and will release it next year on AMC and Netflix.

Edit: being released on Netflix October 11th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,878 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Glow is such an addictive show although Alison Brie can annoy me sometimes

Never watched an episode of Breaking bad or peaky blinders. Deff missing out I reckon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

PTH2009 wrote: »

Never watched an episode of Breaking bad or peaky blinders. Deff missing out I reckon

giphy.gif

i loved alison brie in community but even following her on twitter, instagram was too much shes annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Blasphemy lads, Alison Brie is a delight & I'll hear nothing more :pac: Loved her in community, love her on glow & she has some great characters on Bojack Horseman.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,875 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I have to agree she is a pain in the hole.

John Cena joins James Gunn’s Suicide Squad sequel

Anyone watch temple???

Always end up watching Sky series cause of the bloody repetitive ads during Raw and SD every week. Most of the time they show the best bits there

The reluctant landlord was watchable but nothing earth shattering. Grand to have on in the background when I'm on the laptop. The Irish wan in it is smoking ha

Rambo 5 out this week
    long time in the making and hope it's good and a fitting end to the series if it is to be

Glow has been renewed for a 4th final season

Joker does not feel like a comic book film, phenomenal performance from Joaquin Phoenix

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Joker does not feel not a comic book film, phenomenal performance from Joaquin Phoenix

Amazing movie and performance from Phoenix

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Doom Eternal's release date has been pushed back from November 22nd 2019, it's new release date is March 20th 2020.

Joker does not feel like a comic book film, phenomenal performance from Joaquin Phoenix

I didn't have any expectations for this, hadn't even seen the trailers, it was excellent.
    Amazing movie and performance from Phoenix

Agreed. As far as films and live action go, there have been 2 phenomenal Joker's, Heath Ledger's portrayal in The Dark Knight, and Phoenix's.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,602 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Oh, thank God, this looks so much better now...

And a comparison....

sEgG2k6.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

New Sonic - I've mixed feelings on it: Yay! It looks SO much better. Thank God. but also Boo! They compromised their artistic integrity and ideas for appease some obnoxious complainers on the internet. Like, they shouldn't have a say on your creations (they can vote with their wallets after the fact). But I guess they are also the target audience, and it's direct consumer feedback, so there ya go. Plus now it'll probably just be an average kid-centric movie instead of some horrendous shít-show :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,281 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I won't be going to see it, but even scarier than that human looking Sonic is the cast for the new Cats film. Now those are scary looking characters.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,840 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Yeah Cats just looks weird.

Just watched Ep 3 of The Mandalorian... the show is already better than The Last Jedi imo! Episode 3 was great and the show so far just feels so much more like Star Wars should.

Only 108 mins of episodes so far (Minus Credits and recaps thats 92m). Add another 50m or so to wrap up the story, stick it on the big screen and that is a billion dollar movie everyone would love easy! Plus the entire series (well over 50mins left in the remaining 5 episodes) cost only 100m.

this weeks episode of South Park was very good and the season is ending strong with only 1 episode left. Wish they would go back to the old style with 2 seasons of the show (7 episodes in Spring and 7 episodes in Autumn/Winter)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Ya PTH, it was great just having a zany one-off ep about nothing serious, also do you think it's weird (and a little sweet) that the lads rip on Scott for having diabetes and not his lisp?

Would love more eps of South Park but after 21 seasons I'm just happy to get anything! Also they've done so well to keep themselves so relevant (mostly due to tackling current social/political issues) unafraid of consequences. It's nice to have both!

Jesus, the first part of The CW's DCTV Crisis On Infinite Earths crossover.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,840 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Jesus, the first part of The CW's DCTV Crisis On Infinite Earths crossover.

I usually really enjoy those shows and yeah hands up I don't watch Supergirl but I did not like it at all :(
    Okay yeah a lot of the little nods and appearances even down to Burt Ward at the start are nice bits of fun but...

So much nonsense sci-fi talk that is just meaningless in terms of engaging an audience into the story. Another instance of fighting a faceless hoard of baddies that again like the sci-fi mumbo jumbo just does not engage you as the viewer. Oliver "dying" (I'm expecting us to see more of him but this could be his characters official death) was against said faceless hoard where the audience don't even see a final blow just suddenly that he is dying. Really hoping (and tbh a little expecting so I'm not going to condemn just yet) that is building to a twist cos as of right now im just left feeling a little disappointed.

I'm expecting I might change my tune a bit as it goes on though and there are some twists and turns to the story and I move past some of my gripes (I'll def have less who are these minor Supergirl characters I don't care about moments anyway) and just enjoy the madness that will no doubt ensue. Especially already knowing some of the people that will appear in later episodes of the crossover which I think will be an improvement.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,602 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I'm not crying, you are
    :(
    Can't wait till the next episode of Supergirl. All the characters just lost absolutely everything. I presume that Nightwatch group that's been mentioned will be set up with Alex helping Diggle, to basically keep her character the same. But I hope they don't undo Earth 33 being destroyed. Will make Supergirl fascinating.

Advertisement