Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trialvilly Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Woke up this morning with the mother of all cold sores.My lip was all lopsided and huge.So sore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

Had to stay an extra 2.5 hours in work fixing errors made by my colleagues. This job has to be returned to our client tomorrow. Every time this job comes in I explain how it should be done and they all say they understand and will do it correctly next time.

TA at colleagues who can't be arsed following very simple instructions.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,218 ✭✭✭Poochie05

When a sponsored post with an M&S discount code shows up in your feed and you go shopping online for a few things, only for the post to have disappeared when you go to put in the code

Should have written it down :(

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,465 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Antares35 wrote: »
    Eflow threatening legal action for 4.90 arrears. Are they having a f*cking laugh. An old tag on an old car I no longer drive. It's just so daft to threaten legal action (which would cost hundreds) for such an amount :p

A quick call to them to pay over the phone and undertake to return said feckin tag sorted it. Why didnt they pick up the phone instead of jumping straight on the legal bandwagon...

Probably a bad case of indiscriminate mailmerge...
    Had to stay an extra 2.5 hours in work fixing errors made by my colleagues. This job has to be returned to our client tomorrow. Every time this job comes in I explain how it should be done and they all say they understand and will do it correctly next time.

TA at colleagues who can't be arsed following very simple instructions.

"Oh, your procedure didn't work!"
    "How is that possible? Did you follow my instructions?"
    "Of course we did, to the letter... except for this bit, and that part, and this thing here, and this looked like too much effort, and this 'cause we've never done it before and the other bit that we've always done differently... but we did follow your instructions, to the letter!"

Drives me spare!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,080 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Adverts.ie still allowing animals to be sold on the "adoption" part of its site. First ad in the dog section is Presa Canario pups, clearly for sale, price included and all. Its no better than Donedeal.

Special place in hell for people who treat animals like they do in those backyard puppy farms.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭SheroP

‘People’ faffing about in queue in supermarkets at till and when assistant ask for payment for goods they look like, wtf , oh I need to pay ???? And then proceed to fumble looking for purse/wallet , all the while feigning apologies 😡😡😡

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

The Barrys Tea add about the millennial drama student living in Brooklyn.

Vomit imitating life imitating the dreams and aspirations of an affected teabag.

To the sounds of a Proclaimers cover. Spewfest.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭Be right back

When pets stare intently at something invisible in a room. It creeps me out and makes me wonder what they can see.

Or when young children do it...

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭achmairt

Dermot Bannon is everywhere. I don't watch his boring programmes but then he pops up on adverts about anything and everything. Can't stand him...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,038 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

People not texting back ☹️

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

Poochie05 wrote: »
    When a sponsored post with an M&S discount code shows up in your feed and you go shopping online for a few things, only for the post to have disappeared when you go to put in the code

Should have written it down :(

I got an email with 20% off womenswear using code GETSETFORSPRING if that’s any use to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Special place in hell for people who treat animals like they do in those backyard puppy farms.

Which reminds me of another TA. The press bleating on about new legislation to protect dogs in puppy farms etc. Ireland is the land of legislation that is never enforced. What good are their animal welfare laws when offenders are rarely punished... they are a fairytale:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Shady Grady

That some people are so quick to roll over when dealing with scumbags.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,218 ✭✭✭Poochie05

I got an email with 20% off womenswear using code GETSETFORSPRING if that’s any use to you.

Thanks! It eventually came back up after a while so I got the 20% off a few bits.

Watching Claire Byrne ask questions - with a straight face - beginning with
    "How do you justify?", when asking a TD, Minister, Union Leader etc a question referencing salaries/expenses when she's probably on 1/2 mill a year.

Even worse when for added shame she talks about the homeless/people on trolleys.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,438 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

No air conditioning and Q102 blaring from every speaker on the bus at 6.30am in the morning. This isn't what I paid my annual bus ticket for. A complete lack of cop on from the driver!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Every rent agency wants me to meet them to view a house at 5pm. I work from 9 - 6.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

People who give money to chancers who are out begging for their next fix or whatever. You know the type - they usually approach people sitting in beer gardens, with some sob story about how they're short 11 euro for their train to Wexford and their partner threw them out etc. There was one woman who frequented the Bull and Castle beer garden for several years, and every time I saw her, she was telling people she was pregnant. It was biologically impossible for her to be continuously pregnant for the time she said she was!

If people just stopped giving their hard earned money to these chancers, they would eventually stop asking. Also, when I smoked, people leeching cigarettes. Buy your own.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,038 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Antares35 wrote: »
    People who give money to chancers who are out begging for their next fix or whatever. You know the type - they usually approach people sitting in beer gardens, with some sob story about how they're short 11 euro for their train to Wexford and their partner threw them out etc. There was one woman who frequented the Bull and Castle beer garden for several years, and every time I saw her, she was telling people she was pregnant. It was biologically impossible for her to be continuously pregnant for the time she said she was!

If people just stopped giving their hard earned money to these chancers, they would eventually stop asking. Also, when I smoked, people leeching cigarettes. Buy your own.

In London there fierce cheeky , they approach you and "any change love?" Insert sob story here , followed by I'll accept cash , cheque or card :eek: ! Who in there right mind is gonna give their card away to one chancers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

The amount of election leaflets coming through the letterbox . 1 for each member of the family from the same candidate.

Monday saw 28 leaflets . Ridiculous

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,314 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

storker wrote: »
    Pat Kenny's insistence on pronouncing Greta Thunberg's surname as "Thunberry". Yes Pat, maybe it is how they pronounce it in Sweden, but you're supposed to be communicating in English, not showing off your knowledge.

TA'd by Pat Kenny in general actually. Not for the first time.

https://forvo.com/word/greta_thunberg/

I dunno I would say fair play to him. On the other side of things it annoys me when the English cannot say Doherty or Keogh or Kinsella correctly.
    I would not like an English person to tell an Irish person they are saying Doherty, Keogh, and Kinsella incorrectly.

In soccer the good commentators always try and pronounce the players names the way they are pronounced in thier country.

I know Pat can be annoying and Greta 'Toonberry' can be annoying too - but on this occasion Pat is spot on.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Whestsidestory

Correct pronunciation can sound a bit cringe though for example when George Hamilton pronounces Edin Hazard as 'azar' or when you hear Cairns in Australia pronounced as 'Cains' by some globtrotting Irish gob****e

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Upset tummy today. I'm staying near the bathroom! A neighbour gave me a packet of gf biscuits, which was kind. They weren't my usual brand, so I'm paying for it today. Moan over now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Health care professionals telling me x substance is the contributory cause of Y condition.
    They proceed to up sell me their service to 'cure' my addition to x, by repeating all the info I already learned, from someone better qualified in the area than they are.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,789 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

UPS.
    Another company inadvertently left some stuff in our work place.
    They asked us to pack up the stuff and they would arrange for collection.
    UPS duly arrived and took the stuff away.

Then they send us an invoice and take the money by dd.:eek:

We didn't contact them, didn't sign anything or request any service, yet they invoiced and charged us.

I've just spent 20 minutes on the phone with them and the upshot is I have to send a form to the other company who must fill it in and return it.
    Just refund the money you had no right to take in the first place and sort your own sh1t out afterwards.

I'm more than trivially annoyed about this!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭randombar

In London there fierce cheeky , they approach you and "any change love?" Insert sob story here , followed by I'll accept cash , cheque or card :eek: ! Who in there right mind is gonna give their card away to one chancers.

There's a well kept lad on the Mahon Point junction (coming from the tunnel) with a sign saying "living his car, landlord threw him out etc.". Easily there two years, rain, hail or shine. I've seen plenty of notes handed to him. Before that he was doing the same thing down the end of the airport hill by the south link for a couple of years. Poor guy has been living in his car ages . . . . .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,808 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Walking down the road earlier, path is wide (fits 2 adults very comfortably 3 at a squeeze) grass verge that's about 6 foot wide between path and road.

So anyway pushing the pram down the path, 2 women walking towards me. I keep to the left leaving abit of a gap between me and the wall. I also stop to let them pass.

On no this is not good enough for one of the women who rather than just walk in single file past the pram refuses to give up her trajectory beside the wall and proceeds to squeeze in between the wall and the pram.

As the pram was stopped I had to try manoeuvre it in such a way that gave that dope enough space to get through while not milling into her mate that was on the other side of the pram.

Next time I won't be polite, I'll view them as skittles as I plough through the middle of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

TA that this thread is being used by one particular poster as a vehicle for spouting anti-Sinn Féin rubbish.

I really like this thread and don't want it to become a place for political mud-slinging, whichever party it's aimed at. There's plenty of other threads to contribute to if you feel the need to show your loathing of SF, Millicently.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Received the wrong item twice this week from different people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,841 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Occular migraine , and always the same eye/side affected .

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement