Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dell Inspiron Mini 910 -- €171 delivered

Options
  • 07-02-2011 3:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭

Another one from HUKD

Screen Size 8.9
    Processor Speed 1.6 GHz
    Processor Type Atom N270
    Operating System No Operating System
    Hard Drive Capacity 8 GB
    RAM Size 1 GB
    Model Inspiron Mini 910
    Lid Colour Black
    Hard Drive Interface Solid State SATA
    RAM Technology DDR II SDRAM
    Screen Resolution 1024 x 600
    Screen Type WSVGA
    Optical Drive No Optical Drive
    Graphics On board intel
    Audio On board
    Networking 1xBluetooth 1xEthernet
    USB Ports 3
    Wireless LAN BG
    Webcam Yes
    Keyboard UK
    Grade Silver
    Warranty Europc 1 Year Return to Base Warranty

Silver Grading means:
    Our Silver stock range is more or less identical to our Gold range except that the units will have some sort of blemish such as scratches or scuffs. As with the Gold range, the Silver range comes with at least a one year return to base warranty and the upgrade option to two year warranty is also available.

while Gold is
    Much of our Gold Range refurbished kit will be cancelled, excess, end-of-line stock or returned orders which may have minor cosmetic blemishes. In many cases, refurb kit can be actually less likely to go wrong than new kit as it has passed more tests! These items will be refurbished by Europc and will come with at least a one year return to base warranty.

http://europc.co.uk/product.php?productid=140410

Price on that page is ex vat so when vat + delivery are added on it works out at £143.99 which is roughly €171. And 4% cash back if using quidco too.

Not going for it myself but thought it might be of interest to others.

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

I would avoid this tbh. For 20 quid more you'd get a proper netbook with a 320GB/250GB hard drive. I know the one about is "solid state" but the capacity is a joke, and I'd bet money on it being dog slow anyway.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

8gb...
    WTF...
    You can get a Samsung N130 from gamestop for €201.99 delivered...

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

I've a a 10" inspiron running Ubuntu with an 8GB disk. That's all its good for. I hackintoshed it but it had insufficient space for updates, getting Windows 7 onto it would be an almighty pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭JRH

Feel like i should stand up for the little guy :)
    I have a 910 .. payed about the same from e-bay
    It really depends what u want it for ...
    Its small size may appeal to some , Its beautifully built , has easy access to internals . Add external storage and HD capacity not an issue .

It is definitely not slow ... windows 7 goes straight on with eee7
    Mine has a 4gb SSD :) and i have 2gb free space with win7 .

Advertisement