Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

International Men's Day

Options
  • 18-11-2016 8:14pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭

is on Saturday 19 November.

Happy International Men's Day y'all!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Really? I looked on the guardian and they have nothing about this! :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Did you listen to Marian Finucane, Fergus Finlay et al? No, they did not mention it either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

Mmmmmmm.

Men.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Wonder if all the trolling women on twitter will spend the day moaning and asking "when's national women's day then?" Y'know, for equality.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,396 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

snubbleste wrote: »
    is on Saturday 19 November.

Happy International Men's Day y'all!

Bound to be complaints from woman about this.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

Soooo

Are you going to use this thread to celebrate men, or just to bitch about women?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Everytime I wake up and look in the mirror I'm celebrating men. It's awesome.

snubbleste wrote: »
    Did you listen to Marian Finucane, Fergus Finlay et al? No, they did not mention it either.

The whole notion is ludicrous, like International Women's Day. It supposes we're a homogeneous clump all with the same needs and wishes. Many men have no need for special pleading as they are so secure, and for the rest it's nothing more than politically correct waffle anyway.

#deedsnothashtags.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,561 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

They do.

I'm not sure if it is supposed to be witty or is just woefully written, but notwithstanding that, it does mention a male MP bringing up things like suicide and under-attainment in education in the House of Commons.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,309 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

So what exactly is supposed to happen on International Men's Day. Load of bollocks if you ask me

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Mr. FoggPatches

Finally, a day when I can sit and watch sport, drink beer and do some diy tasks without the female population carrying on about their business as though it's just another day.

osarusan wrote: »
    They do.

I'm not sure if it is supposed to be witty or is just woefully written, but notwithstanding that, it does mention a male MP bringing up things like suicide and under-attainment in education in the House of Commons.

Really, oh well I can't find it, maybe it's because of all the Grand Tour articles distracting me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Fleawuss

Is it being held in a shed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Soooo

Are you going to use this thread to celebrate men, or just to bitch about women?

Why not do both?

It'll show if men really can multi-task

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 43 PoorAuldDivil

I think it's a positive. For me, mental heath and suicide, and economic pain, are probably the main issues facing Irish (and probably all) men today. There should be more spoken about this, not just the usual bashing of feminists.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,487 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

• Registered Users Posts: 12,412 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

What do you do on International Men's Day do you loudly pronounce, 'I've a willie.'

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

Do you know where we can collect our International Men tomorrow? Can you choose which nationality you get? Do I have to bring him back at midnight or is it ok to return him on Sunday?

There really isn't enough information available about this scheme. I blame the government.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

maudgonner wrote: »
    Do you know where we can collect our International Men tomorrow? Can you choose which nationality you get? Do I have to bring him back at midnight or is it ok to return him on Sunday?

There really isn't enough information available about this scheme. I blame the government.

No. The golden rule is never feed him after midnight.

You can return him on Sunday though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,020 ✭✭✭Ficheall

More importantly, tomorrow is World Toilet Day.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

maudgonner wrote: »

A man is for life, not just for christmas. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 464 ✭✭Goya

Collie D wrote: »
    Load of bollocks if you ask me
    Well it celebrates all of those who possess bollocks.
    Finally, a day when I can sit and watch sport, drink beer and do some diy tasks without the female population carrying on about their business as though it's just another day.
    Yeah Saturday is great but what about International Men's Day? :pac:
    Bound to be complaints from woman about this.
    The way there is always complaining on International Women's Day, from guys who all seem to ask when is International Men's Day? (You'd think they'd know when it was, if it was that important to them). :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

Celebrating by cry-**** and blaming the imaginary concept of 'misandry' for all the things I've caused to go wrong with my life.

Mod: banned

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭diograis

RayM wrote: »
    Celebrating by cry-**** and blaming the imaginary concept of 'misandry' for all the things I've caused to go wrong with my life.

Amazing haha

• Registered Users Posts: 43,025 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

I am heading to the public house at 2 and they will see me when they see me

Happy International Mens Day to all the brothers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Advbrd

Ficheall wrote: »
    More importantly, tomorrow is World Toilet Day.

Yeah, when the two days coincide, you can leave the seat up.

Advertisement