Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Parents upset over penis-shaped Play-Doh toy

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Pwindedd

I'm not much fussed about it. Don't have young kids. But in an age where sex toys are in many adult bedrooms, I would question why the design team at Play-doh didn't opt for something a little less dildoh-y.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

its called MALA

Mála

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭bjork

its called MALA

I googled maula and got nothing, I came to the conclusion I had been misinformed as a child and it's real name was marla.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭Venus In Furs

Yeh, maula (don't know the spelling) is just a made-up Irish word for plasticine.
    Pwindedd wrote: »
    I'm not much fussed about it. Don't have young kids. But in an age where sex toys are in many adult bedrooms, I would question why the design team at Play-doh didn't opt for something a little less dildoh-y.
    Yeh, I know the hysteria is hilarious from the outraged parents on social media, but it is kinda strange that the design got the green light, given its appearance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

its called MALA

Nope, that's bag (with a fada), plasticine is marla.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Detached Retina

Play Doh is actually flour & water based (with colouring and preservatives), plasticine (Mala..yay!) is petroleum jelly, calcium salts and some other stuff. Play doh, whatever brand seems to have taken over in popularity due to it being safely edible and more squishy (for use with *tools*) -though plasticine is non toxic and doesn't dry out. Mala is still available for a fraction of the cost of play doh (and even tuthills cheaper priced generic play*dough*)
    These things have totally taken over my life :) though you'd know I work in accounts.

Advertisement