Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Polish?

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 791 ✭✭✭fightin irish

You said that people might be missing the consensus. Implying they were wrong. Whatever you were trying, you did a bad job...:p

Nope... i said ''he'' might be missing the consensus IMO'' but i made a balls of it alright:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Brian Capture

There should be more immigrants let into Ireland.

Anything that annoys skangers and the ignorant Irish underclass is a good thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭AngryAnderson

God. I wish the racists really would come along and turn around this patronising embarrassment of a topic. :eek:

Say, who likes Nigerians? Let's all gather around Obuku here and tickle him under the chin! Then when we're done, we'll all go over to Ling Wu over there and pet her for a few minutes.

Or is it just me that thinks that taking people as you find them, regardless of nationality, is the most blatantly obvious and sensible thing to do? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

God. I wish the racists really would come along and turn around this patronising embarrassment of a topic. :eek:

Say, who likes Nigerians? Let's all gather around Obuku here and tickle him under the chin! Then when we're done, we'll all go over to Ling Wu over there and pet her for a few minutes.

Or is it just me that thinks that taking people as you find them, regardless of nationality, is the most blatantly obvious and sensible thing to do? :o
    no, it's not just you.

the thing is, if someone is guilty of a crime, nationality shouldn't come into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

I think there's a bit of a culture clash. I work in retail and 90% of Polish people will throw the money at me and won't utter a word. I find it really rude and disrespectful. Also I live with 6 of them at the moment. They avoid speaking English and just speak Polish when the 3 non Polish people are around. I find the ones I know aren't integrating very well. It's kind of "us" and "them" as far as I can see at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Diamondmaker

Oh the chicks and the accents...oh so sexy I love em!
    ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

they took our jobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Best damn boss I ever had in my whole life was a Polish woman in her fifties. I miss working for her. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭AngryAnderson

julep wrote:
    no, it's not just you.

the thing is, if someone is guilty of a crime, nationality shouldn't come into it.

Not too sure what your point is there relative to what I said but I agree with you, FWIW.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

julep wrote:
    they took our jobs.

th' tk urr jrrrrrbbs!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Sico wrote:
    th' tk urr jrrrrrbbs!!
    everyone back in the pile

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭ChityWest

Sico wrote:
    th' tk urr jrrrrrbbs!!

That episode is on mtv right now. (randy just got got fired)

'day tuk urr jabb'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Oh yeah, I forgot, my doctor is a Polish woman. I like her a lot better than the previous doc, who didn't really seem to give a crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭slipss

Ok I didn't read the whole 4 pages, just the first one, but the jist(is that how you spell jist?) of it seems to be do you like the Poles?. Personally I really like the Polish people, or those I have met so far in anyways. That being said, the first time I was stabbed, back in 2001 it was a Polish bloke that did it. But anyways, they seem to remind me alot of real Irish people i.e. people that don't live in D4, that wanted to work as soon as they were able to, and that would sopport their freinds ahead of any one else, be it gaurds or state or employers. The have a reasonably similar history to our own and I think that has shaped the culture in the same way as ours. They work hard, fight tough, drink like fish, and look after thier own, and are severe cleptomaniacs (but only when they can justify it) my kinda people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

slipss wrote:
    the first time I was stabbed, back in 2001

How many times you been stabbed. Is it a weekly recreational thing or was 2001 just a bad year for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

clown bag wrote:
    How many times you been stabbed. Is it a weekly recreational thing or was 2001 just a bad year for you.
    slipss is just a popular guy :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭ptashek

Daddio wrote:
    Are there many Polish on boards?
    There are indeed. Myself, for example. :)

Raiser wrote:
    I had always assumed that the were liftime immigrants into Ireland - like we were around the time of the famine etc. Seemingly the vast majority plan to work save cash and make their way home ? Anyone know the story here am curious as to whether they are making a life here or having an extended working holiday.....[?]

Both. Some of the less qualified or with poor english are here just to make enough cash to go back home, buy a house, live for some time on what they earned and then come back. But there are people, like myself, who left Poland 'cause they just couldn't stand it anymore. My plan is to stay in Ireland as long as it "pays the bills" without a major headache.

deisedolly wrote:
    One girl had saved like €25000, thats like looooooads in Poland!

Roughly an equivalent of 3 years on an average, private sector salary.

julep wrote:
    they took our jobs.
    All of them, or are you just looking for someone to blame? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

*scratches head*

i must have lost all hope for humanity...or at least boards. Cause i just assumed straight off the bat that the OP was blatant sarcasm...

but seeing as it actually isnt i dont have much experiance of the Polish living in Ireland, seeing as i am living in England at the moment, but seeing as i dont really care where anyone comes from over here when judging them, i assume the same applies to the polish in Ireland.

On a side note, has any of the polish here tried f*cking with the tourists by telling them they are speaking irish when they are speaking polish, could have alot of fun messing with some people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭susanna

The Polish are great, I worked with a few and my sister lived with a Polish couple, really sound people

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 TheTruthFairy

I was good friends with a Polish guy who has gone back home now. He was a great laugh and the tales he told me about living under communism certainly opened my eyes.

I've worked with Poles too and must agree that they are great workers. This I imagine is because the vast majority of Polish people actually appreciate the fact that they have jobs wheras most Irish people seem to take their cushy lives for granted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭Bullock99

... And Polish women are beautiful. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Thanks for that, most of the folks in the thread have moved on I would say...hopefully as the thread is nearly 9 years old at this stage. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement