Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hailo [MyTaxi] is changing it's name again

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭LincolnHawk

Are people seriously suggesting Lynk?
    Nobody is on lynk. Lynk is an amateur hour shît show pushed by a few vested interests from the Irish taxi industry.
    You can't compare that to something like mytaxi or uber.
    Agree the rebranding is an abomination but it will just be an app update with new styling for most people.

While I disagree thoroughly with the op misspelling the possessive pronoun its as the contraction it's [it is], I totally agree with his view on this.

Hailo was catchy. Mytaxi was a conspicuously crap change, and this manages to be even worse. They sent me one of their emails this morning about this change. It beggars belief that after the millions they've spent rebranding to the crap name, they're going to spend even more rebranding to an even crappier name.

the idea that the rebranding of hailo was the issue as opposed to their app becoming an inaccurate unusable and straight-up liary POS after the move is a strange and niche bubble

I have neighbours who are taxi drivers - thankfully their cabs are not plastered with this 'My Taxi' logo. Wonder how other cabbies with cars with this livery feel like now?

Never mind uninstalling the Mytaxi bloatware from iOS / Android

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

is there a viable alternative?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭orourkeda1977

1850 taxi taxi taxi

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Ah, I see I have an email from them, Drive Now and Car2Go are also merging and will now come under the new brand, Share Now.

Also a bit of a crap name.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,708 ✭✭✭hynesie08

So, the name is so you can get an available taxi, one that is "free now".

still ****ing terrible......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭professore

Wibbs wrote: »
    Aye, but having been on the periphery of and privy to a few rebrandings over the years it doesn't exactly come as a shock. In my experience they tend to come from someone at the top deciding they want a "change", then middle management gets involved in an arse licking contest and have loads and loads of longwinded meetings "going forward" and "paradigm shifting" and then someone somewhere(and back handers and benefit in kind are rife in this) brings in an outside design/marketing company at great expense who dazzle the grey suits in middle management with further meetings and powerpoint presentations(OHmiGod Finton, what sorcery is this, they didn't use templates!), which in turn usually results in bugger all actual change, or radical change that nobody wanted and looks and sounds shite.

Great description!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

Hailo did not change name to MyTaxi. MyTaxi bought Hailo.

But yeah good point about the spam filter issue.

Senior business folk do seem to be incredibly out of touch.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Well it's not that bad a rebrand when you consider the other rejected ideas:

'HandOut'

'CallIn'

'RequestACabViaOurApp'

'Please,I'veBeenStuckInThisJobForYears,IWantToBeOnTheDole,ButTheyKeepTakingMySillySuggestionsSeriously'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

It's been on a downward spiral since the takeover of Hailo, Hailo was a great app, no issues with it and easy enough to get a taxi. MyTaxi was/is a bag of ****e.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Phileas Frog

Who would have linked the name Uber to anything remotely travel related when it started??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭mikhail

Who would have linked the name Uber to anything remotely travel related when it started??
    Uber is a **** name too. They're successful in spite of the name, not because of it.

I think the MyTaxi app is fine - no different to the Hailo one. Hiccups at first, yes, but in my experience they were sorted out quickly enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

It's the worst rebrand since coco pops ill fated attempt to become choco krispies.

Sky King wrote: »
    It's the worst rebrand since coco pops ill fated attempt to become choco krispies.
    Gotta be Jif to Cif for me. Jif was great - the sound when you squeeze it. Wtf is a cif?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭professore

At least Uber is short. Free Now on the other hand is just sh1te.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

Uber's name is the least of their problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,760 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

does mytaxi have a booking fee - seeing references to a €2 booking fee a year or 2 ago but can't see what current story is? Perhaps it's .............free now

• Advertisement

whatever the free / charge status

mytaxi has made no difference whatsosever[/b/]

to the irish taxi business.

like SMYTHS

has improved the TOY market for end users (children)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

They should have renamed it "Listen Bud" to give it a bit of realism

Edgware wrote: »

Or even "Lookit Mate"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

Free now?

Advertisement