Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Secret Santa gift?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,410 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Amazon gift voucher.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Zorya wrote: »
    A tenner's not a lot to play with, but no one will be left feeling too bad with a pair of big thick woolly novelty socks that make them feel cool (and warm), zany or at least crack a tiny smile every time they see them sticking out at the end of their trouser legs.

I actually love receiving socks as presents! I’d be happy with those.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

One year I got this board game puzzle thing where you have to manoeuvre cars out of a car park, getting progressively more difficult - it was very addictive! I still have it at home somewhere, must break it out over the Christmas.

The poor fúcker I have this year is getting a bag of chocolate sprouts and some tack I can find in a garage:D

Bah humbug

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

'Instant Regret' chili chocolate bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,376 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

Small practical things, first aid kit for the car, battery charger, or even a nice mug, socks, or a beanie hat there are all useful and not expensive.

A fancy mug or cup with a small box of Butlers or Leonidas chocolates inside is always nice unless they are on a diet allergic to chocolate, don't drink tea or coffee.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

A nice mug is a good present. Any mugs I’ve been given as presents all get used. And as they tend to get broken sometimes, it’s good to have a decent supply of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,132 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Was the recipient particularly smelly. More importantly, was it you?

No. She was lovely. And no, it wasn't me.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Sorted.

61km6qEb8YL.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭TCM

Mourhino being sacked.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Calendar of cats and psn credit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭Hammer89

A one-way flight back to England.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭ginandtonicsky

Hammer89 wrote: »
    A one-way flight back to England.

We both live in England.

Loving the suggestions so far. Don't know the chap so might just go with the safe bet of a vaguely funny mug and maybe some coffee or a bottle of something innocuous.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭fancy pigeon

Change your 10 quid into Vietnamese Dong and give them a box full of Dong in the smallest denomination available

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

Jesus this is why I could never work in an office; dopey contrived rubbish like Secret Santa; buying crap presents for people you probably don’t even like.

Advertisement