Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Extra line breaks

Options
  • 22-02-2019 9:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭

Why is it if I hit return

I go to the next line

but when I click post there will be two lines

inbetween

Okay now it's not doing it!

Comments

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

Hi Samuel T. Cogley,

Are you using Firefox? This issue has cropped up in relation to that browser. You can stop this by typing 'about:config' in your address bar, and then searching for "editor.use_div_for_default_newlines". Change the value of this entry to 'false'.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Hi Samuel T. Cogley,

Are you using Firefox? This issue has cropped up in relation to that browser. You can stop this by typing 'about:config' in your address bar, and then searching for "editor.use_div_for_default_newlines". Change the value of this entry to 'false'.

Thanks Mark, I am indeed using Firefox.

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

Oh great, could you try the above please and hopefully it works. Keep an eye out in future posts and let me know if more investigation is required. Thanks!

Advertisement