Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renewing car insurance?

Options
  • 14-08-2020 10:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭

My car insurance is coming up for renewal and I was going to start ringing around other insurers to get a better quote. I got a quote from my current insurer for €750. When ringing around how much should I say I got a quote from another insurer to see can they do any better on price to sound realistic? €700? €650? Or can you give any advice with regards to renewing your insurance? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭TheW1zard

just ring everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,354 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Don't forget to ring your own company to beat them down. Every renewal quote includes some fat that they will deduct without much effort.

Don't quote stupid numbers when ringing around, they will all be in the same ballpark for someone with your profile so be realistic. If you mention a crazy low number that you claim someone else has quoted, they won't bother budging a cent from their 'official' quote because they will see you as a time-waster.

Advertisement