Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wavefrontier t90 : receiver suggestions

Options
  • 14-08-2020 11:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭

i bought a wavefrontier dish, as a pandemic project. I've it built and I'm ready to start setting it up. I'll be using the built in tuner on the TV for the initial setup, but I'd like to use a dedicated receiver longer term.

I'm guessing a linux box, that supports engina and other images.
    I dont need a dual DVB-S2 tuner, as I'll only be running one cable to the diseq switch at the dish. Similarly, i don't really need a dvb-t tuner, but if there's a dual tuner, and/or dvb-t tuner, it doesn't matter.

budget, 150e or so

i've a good internet connection, so support for IPTV etc would be good.

This will be a hobby receiver, I've sky, netflix and prime for the day to day stuff.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭swoofer

I take it it looks like this one!!

Do you want a brand new box and 4k?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Bogger77

not so many lnb's (yet)

I dont have a 4K tv, so 4K would be a waste, but if the best receiver has it, that's ok

I do prefer new over 2nd hand

• Registered Users Posts: 5,263 ✭✭✭greasepalm

Have a look at the zgemma h7s 4K as its 2 sat + 1 saorview if needed.

combo box

OCTAGON SF8008 4K UHD Linux Enigma 2 2160p H.265 HEVC Dual Wifi Multi-Stream DVB-S2X & DVB-C/T2 Combo Receiver

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Bogger77

greasepalm wrote: »
    Have a look at the zgemma h7s 4K as its 2 sat + 1 saorview if needed.

combo box

OCTAGON SF8008 4K UHD Linux Enigma 2 2160p H.265 HEVC Dual Wifi Multi-Stream DVB-S2X & DVB-C/T2 Combo Receiver

ordering OCTAGON SF8008 from world of satellite

Advertisement