Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bike parts for trade?

Options
1303132333436»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Pigeon Reaper

I've a pair of 26" Marathon winter tyres free to take away. I've no bike with 26" wheels anymore. They're great for icy days and snow but can get bogged down in deep powder. Not bad condition but are missing one or two studs but haven't noticed ice effects when using them even on sheet ice.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭ridelikeaturtle

I just put a set of nutted Tektro R559 long reach brakes on, and while they work, they're at the short limit of the brake pad adjustment. It'd be ideal to have a set of R539's with just a slightly shorter length.

If anyone's got a set they'd like to swap, in new or like-new condition, let me know. But they have to be nutted, this is on an old frame. And in silver.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭site_owner

I've a pair of 26" Marathon winter tyres free to take away. I've no bike with 26" wheels anymore. They're great for icy days and snow but can get bogged down in deep powder. Not bad condition but are missing one or two studs but haven't noticed ice effects when using them even on sheet ice.

Probably too late, but have sent you a message about these

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Anyone got a black on black or polish on black Deda SuperZero seatpost that’s willing to swap for a white on black seatpost. My seat post is less than year old and in mint condition.

Picture for reference.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭Taxuser1

Have a Profile Design seatpost with below spec. About 14 months old. I want to swap it for a 31.6mm carbon seatpost if possible or another high end aluminium seat post.

Sizes: 31.6 mm
    Length: 300 mm
    Offset: 38 mm
    Weight: 298 - 310 grams

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Deano12345

I want to try and convert my spare bike to something a bit better suited for Triathlons.

With that in mind I have some spare parts I would trade for the bits I need, I’ll leave a list of what I need at the bottom of this post.

My parts:

Fizik Arione -Black & Red with metal rails, will find the exact model number later

Fizik Arione 00 Rep - carbon base and rails. Seems to weight the same as an R1, pretty comfy saddle too, i rose on it for around 6 months before switching to an Antares. It’s in the title, but it is a replica/copy, has oversized rails.

Cannondale C3 alloy drop bars- Believe these are a compact drop, 42cm. Came off my bike as soon as I bought it so have only done 50km or so.

Cannondale C3 Alloy Stem- Same as above, 100mm

Cannondale C3 Seatpost- 25.4, 350mm, as above

Cannondale Ergo Saddle - Same as the above, alloy rails. Found it Pretty comfy for the use it got!

Shimano Tourney 7sp Shifters, FD & RD. Have a spare 105 5800 that will be going on the bike so these will be surplus to requirements.

Parts I’m looking for:

Saddle - I like the look of the ISM/Prologo saddles, but I’m not too fussy.

Base-bar- I have a set of the clip on aero bars, so I don’t need them but I do need a base bar, carbon would be nice but I’m not fussy.

Rear wheel - 11sp or I believe the new 105 cassette allows 11sp on 10sp wheels so that would work too, I’ll have to buy a cassette for this anyway so no need to be included.

Bar end shifters - 11sp needed

Aero brake levers for the base bar.

I've a Wahoo Kickr Core which I purchased in November 2018 and arrived in December so 2 months old. Looking to swap for a decent electronic groupset/upgrade kit of similiar value.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Have a set of Vision Mektron Full carbon clinchers, if anyone wants to exchange or part exchange for a car !!!!!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,257 Mod ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Full carbon disc wheels, qr and thru axle. Swap for carbon rim brake clinchers
    http://www.adverts.ie/17430521

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭mamax

I've a 10 speed ultegra crankset 53-39 with 2 summers use in very good condition I'm looking to swap for same in 50-34
    I would travel to meet withing reason, based in Clare but Limerick, Kerry and Galway could be arranged if anyone interested
    I'll add pictures first chance I get

• Advertisement

mamax wrote: »
    I've a 10 speed ultegra crankset 53-39 with 2 summers use in very good condition I'm looking to swap for same in 50-34
    I would travel to meet withing reason, based in Clare but Limerick, Kerry and Galway could be arranged if anyone interested
    I'll add pictures first chance I get

Would you sell? I have a trip to Milltown Malbay coming up and so could meet you between Ennis and there. I don't have anything to swap.

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭mamax

Fratello wrote: »
    Would you sell? I have a trip to Milltown Malbay coming up and so could meet you between Ennis and there. I don't have anything to swap.

Good 10 speed bits are getting harder to find so if I sell I could be waiting for a while to replace it and as I'm down to one bike at the moment I'd rather try a swap deal, but if I pick up a 50-34 in the meantime I'll give you a shout, Thanks for the offer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭The Noble Nudge

Brand new in box Shimano 11/28 Ultegra 8000 cassette anyone got a brand new 11/30 or 11/32 for swap. (race coming up)
    Save me buying another 1..
    Dublin can meet up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭Trekker09

I have a Dura Ace 9100 groupset that I'd trade for a good set of wheels with campag hub

• Registered Users Posts: 7,868 ✭✭✭cletus

If you have no trade for the 7speed tourney stuff, would you sell?

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭barrymanilow

Hi I am looking for a black 90cm stem with the usual 7 degree rise , 31.8 clamp , 1/8 steerer , doesnt have to be anything special just a stem

I have a bunch of stems of various sizes I could swap, a 130 that's possibly a 140 , a 120 , 110 ,a 100 and a 130 with 17 degree rise all in used but perfectly functioning condition.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

I have a brand new garmin speed sensor, will swap for a cadence sensor. Doesn't need to be new but must be the single piece type not the older two piece one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭dohouch

Tried all the usual Chain, Wiggle, amazon uk, de. Out of stock everywhere. The dealers on amazon.de like to charge €20 for shipping

Any Irish shops that I might try for a mail out service. I'm a long way from Dublin

We're not suffering, only complaining 😞

• Registered Users Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭SomeFool

Try a wanted ad on here or retrobike.co.uk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,286 ✭✭✭HBC08

We deal with a couple of suppliers for trade.Same story everywhere that they have no stock,just throwing it out here for any ideas or advise.
    We need about 20 700x35c rear hybrid wheel quick release skewer screw on block.
    Any help much appreciated

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,835 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Anyone have a sram force 50/34 chainset or chainrings they'd switch for 52/36.

Won't some lowish gears on a build and to avoid putting my sram rival chainset on for vanity reasons

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭Duchamp

Looking for a small or medium hardtail mountain bike frame - in exchange I've a large Specialized Stumpjumper Epic M5.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 MisterSpaccato

Offering for trade:

Bontrager road stem, AL6061, 110mm, 7 degrees, steerer diameter 28.6, handlebar clamp diameter 31.8

Bontrager road handlebar, AL6061, 42cm c-c, 85mm reach, 125mm drop, 31.8 clamp diameter

looking for 100mm stem and shorter reach handlebar, swapping like for like, possibly around Dublin, Bray. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Euppy

Have a 52t 105 chainring from unused 105 chainset. Would like to swap it for 50t.

Would consider swapping whole chainset 52/36 for a 50/34, but ideally just the outer chainring

Advertisement