Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moderating issue in politics

Options
  • 30-05-2021 11:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23,546 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

I got a 24 hour ban from the politics forum for discussing politics.

I can't link to the thread atm. It's the brexit thread.

First I was told by Ancapailldorcha didn't want one of the most pertinent topics related to the north and brexit discussed (why?...don't know). Then half an hour later he gives me a 24 hour ban accusing me of goading other posters and trolling. I was prepared to accept the bias and leave it be before that.

Any reading of the last two pages shows I was doing neither. I was just engaged in normal political discussion.

Needless to say I'm flustered at being targeted like that. It's open bias. I was only banned for 24 hours for daring to bring up a point negative about the EU. Brit bashing in, everything else out.

That should be written in the forum charter in my view considering the content atm.

Anyone can read back the last two pages of the thread. I did nothing wrong except engage in a discussion brought up earlier by another poster and the BBC. Isn't that what the forum is for?

In my view this is a clear case of biased and over zealous moderating and I'd like someone to look in to it.

As I said to the moderator I'd have accepted the bias and left it but then later out of nowhere he/she gives me a 24 hr ban?

I'm not that upset about the 24hr ban per se but it's the clear bias that is an issue.

ty
    Post edited by Spear on

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,108 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

My apologies, I missed this thread but I'll have a read of your posts now and get back to you.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,108 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Hi again, I've read through the relevant pages of the thread including the many off-topic posts that were deleted. It looks as though you were intent on pushing a point about Article 16 and the EU being at fault despite nobody (as far as I could see) agreeing with you. So the thread became a to-ing and fro-ing Article 16 debate. There were posts by others who replied to you deleted too, and it looks as though the moderator decided on the one day ban based on your posts criticising other posters who disagreed with you:
    I didn't. But I'm not letting EU negligence off the hook. That act created a big problem that will keep festering and it's going to be and is being used against our country by the British government.

That's the be all and end all of it. And if you don't get why it was so damaging than you have little grasp of politics. It's far from the way you intentionally try to minimise it.

Who was fired over this 'misstep'? Who was held responsible in the Commission?

'Misstep'...honestly the length some of you will go not to criticise the EU even when they engaged in a harmful act to this country is truly extraordinary.

Advertisement