Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Charlesland - water discolouration

Options
  • 29-10-2020 4:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭

In Charlesland Grove - downstairs kitchen cold tap running super cloudy and discoloured. Irish Water told me to run the taps for 20 mins which I’ve done - no difference. They said there was a burst water mains locally this morning that’s probably causing it. Anyone else have the same issue??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Karlsand

Yes same here, its like sparkling water coming out of the tap, fizzy! If you leave to sit for a moment it seems to clear up.....not advocating if its safe or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭eleMental

with all the building works going on around us here in charlesland i would like an OK from irish water before i drink it!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭Don't Chute!

eleMental wrote: »
    with all the building works going on around us here in charlesland i would like an OK from irish water before i drink it!!!!

Why? What do you think is wrong? This has happened countless times over the years.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,432 ✭✭✭✭Alun

If it clears from the bottom up it's just dissolved oxygen in the water. Happens all the time when the supply is reconnected. A very slight brown discoloration is common too. It's down to dissolved tannins from the peat in the hills that surround the catchment area for the Roundwood reservoirs. They do remove a lot of it but there's a limit to how far they can go, and it's completely harmless.

• Advertisement
Advertisement