Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lighting up world's famous landmarks green for St Patricks

• 10-02-2016 10:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,021 ✭✭✭✭

I was wondering if these folk all over the world do this out of the goodness of their hearts, or do we pay for it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭recylingbin

Green bulbs are mad expensive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

It doesn't cost anything, they just put green lampshades over the bulbs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭TheLastMohican

I'm sure that some of our homegrown eco-nazis will say that green water affects the Chicago/Boston fish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,344 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

Must be the bloody Shinners at it again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Yes OP, it costs millions and the invoice is sent to Irish Water.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

NIMAN wrote: »
    I was wondering if these folk all over the world do this out of the goodness of their hearts, or do we pay for it?

I always wondered why they bother!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭Mint Aero

We're fandoobywoobytastic. That's why they dobeedobeedoingit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭Azalea

Menas wrote: »
    Me too but it's a nice tribute to our drinking Ireland and the Irish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,658 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Menas wrote: »

It makes the paper and gives them free promotion. And boosts tourists numbers .

Also lots of places use LED lights so it's very easy to change the colour light

Advertisement