Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2022 - Where will you go ?

Options
  • 12-04-2021 5:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭

Assuming International travel is permitted (no fines, MHQ etc), where would you like to travel in 2022 ?

We have moved our Ferry to France holiday to 2022 but my Husband is now thinking that we should go for a longer holiday to a sunnier destination instead.
    Maybe Greece or Italy - somewhere on the Med maybe ?

So, just curious - where will you go ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,204 ✭✭✭Poochie05

I have been doing some virtual tours (live streamed by unemployed tour guides) on heygo.com and I am slowly adding to my list. So now I am thinking I will be going to Lake Bled in Slovenia and maybe fly in to Venice and tour around there and on to Slovenia by train.
    The guide from there is excellent and she has really given me a feel for the area. Looking forward to being able to do a tour in person with her.

If anyone is interested, it’s worth checking out the site, there are tours all over the world, including in Ireland and it’s amazing seeing a lot of these places with few tourists so you get a good view to boot.
    No affiliation with the site, just someone who has enjoyed the opportunity to see parts of the world I may never get to.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭SusanC10

Poochie05 wrote: »
    I have been doing some virtual tours (live streamed by unemployed tour guides) on heygo.com and I am slowly adding to my list. So now I am thinking I will be going to Lake Bled in Slovenia and maybe fly in to Venice and tour around there and on to Slovenia by train.
    The guide from there is excellent and she has really given me a feel for the area. Looking forward to being able to do a tour in person with her.

If anyone is interested, it’s worth checking out the site, there are tours all over the world, including in Ireland and it’s amazing seeing a lot of these places with few tourists so you get a good view to boot.
    No affiliation with the site, just someone who has enjoyed the opportunity to see parts of the world I may never get to.

Thanks for that - I have never heard of that site - going to check it out!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,204 ✭✭✭Poochie05

SusanC10 wrote: »
    Thanks for that - I have never heard of that site - going to check it out!

I don’t want to sound like a shill, but it’s great and I might be addicted.
    Over the last few weeks I have 'been' to Machu Picchu, the Rockies, to see the terracotta warriors, watched kids play musical instruments in Harare, a fish market in Senegal, seen cherry blossoms in Kyoto. All the guides are really good and committed to sharing their cities and it is free, but you can leave tips. The 2 guides in New York are great and good ones to start with. Today I visited Niagara Falls and Stephens Green :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Living Off The Splash

Most likely I will visit the places that I had booked in 2020, then cancelled, as I still want to see these places.

Looking at one place in Spain that we like, to see if we could possibly spend longer time there over the winter months.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭johnire

I think certainly for 2022 and 2023 it's going to be destinations within the EU. Normally we'd travel further afield and to places off the beaten track.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭SusanC10

johnire wrote: »
    I think certainly for 2022 and 2023 it's going to be destinations within the EU. Normally we'd travel further afield and to places off the beaten track.

I agree tbh. We just would like somewhere warm near a beach with maybe watersports for the kids who will both be teens by Summer 2022.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭johnire

I definitely think you'll get to do that Susan. It's not a lot to ask for is it? Your kids will have a ball.
    SusanC10 wrote: »
    I agree tbh. We just would like somewhere warm near a beach with maybe watersports for the kids who will both be teens by Summer 2022.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Bosupe

Poochie05 wrote: »

Such a great recommendation, I'm just back from Amsterdam ;)

Advertisement