Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do you think Bank of Ireland staff are snobby?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭Wallet Inspector

I find it bizarre how much lack of recognition of nuance/complexity there is. Thinking that everything is just one way or the other, no matter how many people are involved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,676 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Have always been with BOI and found them very helpful.

Although when you see how much abuse they get on their twitter site I'm surprised they don't tell those losers to go fook themselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭pgj2015

Have always been with BOI and found them very helpful.

Although when you see how much abuse they get on their twitter site I'm surprised they don't tell those losers to go fook themselves.

It might not be the best business advice I have ever heard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,676 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

pgj2015 wrote: »
    It might not be the best business advice I have ever heard.

They try to answer questions but all they get is abuse, these are just people doing their job like the rest of us.

They try to answer questions but all they get is abuse, these are just people doing their job like the rest of us.

I don't condone that but we all get abuse when dealing with the general public. I doubt the staff care about a tweet, if they do then they are in the wrong job.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,442 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

beachhead wrote: »
    Get real-all banks have the same attitude-they want your money and provide the minimum service at the highest profit.How many building societies are left now? They will or are going the same way.Credit Unions are the saints for now.

I guess you must have missed it....

The banks don't want your money, that is why negative interest rates are slowly becoming the norm all over Europe. And they don't want your custom because you are not paying enough to make it worth their while.

In fact the best way to become profitable if you're an Irish bank would be cull say 25% of the loss making customers and concentrate on the high fee generators.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,507 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

No. BoI is one of the few points of contact I have with customer service in Ireland and they're the complete opposite of snobby in my 30 years of dealing with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭Wallet Inspector

pgj2015 wrote: »
    I don't condone that but we all get abuse when dealing with the general public. I doubt the staff care about a tweet, if they do then they are in the wrong job.
    It's not just "a" tweet though is it?

People who abuse customer service staff are scum.

I don't mean annoyance or even anger at a cock-up, but personal abuse and being aggressive is just never ok.

Celchick wrote: »
    It's not just "a" tweet though is it?

People who abuse customer service staff are scum.

Not sure, never saw the tweets.

Yeah its not the staff I have a problem with, its the people who own and run the bank, heartless greedy thieves in some cases.

• Advertisement

I had to call BOI last week. Long wait but very friendly service eventually.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

365 staff (over the phone ) are very good
    Branch staff can be poor some times

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Yyhhuuu

I had to call BOI last week. Long wait but very friendly service eventually.

Yes I ring through their Premier line as I'm a Premier customer and usually very quick but not lately kept Waiting ages and they reduced their opening times to phone...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭vriesmays

They're snobbish not snobby.

Advertisement