Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Study reveals men with cats are a dating turnoff

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

Not targeting you specifically,but most cat owners allow their cats to roam free,such as yourself.My neighbours are along of the same line of thinking.And everyday their cats ****e,spray and kill the birds I feed in my garden.

I've confronted them many times over it and their excuse is cats are natural outdoor animals.which is BS,same way other animals can adapt to indoor living so can cats.

It's disgusting letting an animal **** in your neighbours garden.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

[QUOTE=I Am Nobody;113856894]Not targeting you specifically,but most cat owners allow their cats to roam free,such as yourself.[/B]My neighbours are along of the same line of thinking.And everyday their cats ****e,spray and kill the birds I feed in my garden.

I've confronted them many times over it and their excuse is cats are natural outdoor animals.which is BS,same way other animals can adapt to indoor living so can cats.[/QUOTE]

So you are targeting me then :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

Cats are awesome. Don't think I could date someone who hates them. Sadly, I'm allergic so I can't have one. The little sh*ts know it as well. I can see it in their eyes.

I don't hate them just don't like them. People who don't like animals are strange. I am always suspicious of them.

And then we wonder why cat owners are not considered attractive.

Speak for yourself, you're the same one who once maintained they wouldn't get into a taxi if a man was driving it.

I wouldn't pass any heed what you have to say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭I Am Nobody

So you are targeting me then :rolleyes:

If your allowing that same behaviour regardless of your neighbours then I guess I am.

If your allowing that same behaviour regardless of your neighbours then I guess I am.

Nah I'm not getting drawn into an argument with other grown adults about cats doing their business, seems odd.

Nah I'm not getting drawn into an argument with other grown adults about cats doing their business, seems odd.

It is about cat owners ok with their cats doing it in other peoples gardens.but ok we will leave it at that then.

It is about cat owners ok with their cats doing it in other peoples gardens.but ok we will leave it at that then.

Well no, It was/is about a study where some women rated men posing with said cats as unattractive until some arsey people got the hump and couldn't deal with another persons opinion on the internet and are seemingly determined to bog down the whole thing into another one of those tedious back and forth bollocks threads that go on and on and on that you get here all the time which I find laughable and to the general boredom no doubt of everyone else looking in.

But yeah, cats are awesome.

Well no, It was/is about a study where some women rated men posing with said cats as unattractive until some arsey people got the hump and couldn't deal with another persons opinion on the internet and are seemingly determined to bog down the whole thing into another one of those tedious back and forth bollocks threads that go on and on and on that you get here all the time which I find laughable and to the general boredom no doubt of everyone else looking in.

But yeah, cats are awesome.

Fair enough,but I was going by the discussion we were having at the moment.and I do agree it would be a discussion that would go around in circles.But at least you and me know our view point.I'm happy enough with that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭kowloonkev

o1s1n wrote: »
    Jaysus :eek:

You do realise that a lot of people with pets have actually taken them in as rescues and are trying to, you know, actually save animals?

so contibuting by helping to disguise the problems caused by a huge industry. they're basically accessories to animal abuse.

• Advertisement

kowloonkev wrote: »
    so contibuting by helping to disguise the problems caused by a huge industry. they're basically accessories to animal abuse.

I'm going to put this at around #6 of most retarded things said on boards.ie in 2020.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

On the subject I had a phantom ****ter on my back lawn last night. A pile of dirt; only yards away from a pile of dirt what’s up with that new levels of laziness I thoug it was the little cocker george spaniel thing next door but I thought to myself no chance of that scaling the wall so what was it....out of spite? I don’t know this cat on a personal level or anything; never a bad word said never even seen the ****

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭GinSoaked

Bobblehats wrote: »
    On the subject I had a phantom ****ter on my back lawn last night. A pile of dirt; only yards away from a pile of dirt what’s up with that new levels of laziness I thoug it was the little cocker george spaniel thing next door but I thought to myself no chance of that scaling the wall so what was it....out of spite? I don’t know this cat on a personal level or anything; never a bad word said never even seen the ****

Fox? We get one everyday crapping in the yard, often within feet of our dog kennels.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

GinSoaked wrote: »
    Fox? We get one everyday crapping in the yard, often within feet of our dog kennels.

- thank you it’s got to have been

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 301 ✭✭puppieperson1

chrissb8 wrote: »
    Guess it’s the same as me seeing girls with just a dog as one of their pics on Tinder. Big turn off, why would I want to go out with some weirdo who thinks the world is in love with her dog as much as she is.
    People who have a pet tend to care for them and therefore are showing their capacity for thinking about something else other than themselves. I would rather date an animal owner than a non animal owner as they are usually cold and self involved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,512 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Bobblehats wrote: »

Fox almost guaranteed.

Cats conceal their sh1t.

RobertKK wrote: »
    I have two cats and they live outside with the dog, the cats are employed as vermin control workers.

Same. They have a job to patrol for mice and get food in return.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,543 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

People who have a pet tend to care for them and therefore are showing their capacity for thinking about something else other than themselves. I would rather date an animal owner than a non animal owner as they are usually cold and self involved.

There are other reasons for people not owning animals than the stereotype you're invoking here.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

There are other reasons for people not owning animals than the stereotype you're invoking here.

I'd be happier about someone who chooses not to own a pet because they don't have the time or facilities to look after it properly than someone who gets a pet as an accessory or "for de kids".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭chrissb8

I'm dating the person, not the animal. It's odd to put your pet in your profile pics. If it's a picture of you with your dog then yeah ok cool. You have a pet and like your dog.

When I see profiles with one of the pics as just her dog all I think about is those weirdos who say "my baby" or any of that.

Putting their dog on a pedestal like "He's just the best ever and is my bestest friend in the world"

Just a tad hint of crazy cat lady substituted with a dog instead.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 301 ✭✭puppieperson1

True but on the whole people who like animals are nicer people than those who dont

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,543 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

I'd be happier about someone who chooses not to own a pet because they don't have the time or facilities to look after it properly than someone who gets a pet as an accessory or "for de kids".

Same here.

I'm single and I live in a houseshare. I'd love a cat but I'm allergic. I know there are certain breeds to that do not provoke allergies but then I'd have to use a breeder and give up travelling as it'd be cruel to just dump the cat for potentially weeks on end. Worse for a dog as I'd be going to work on a daily basis. I'd love a Corgi as well.
    True but on the whole people who like animals are nicer people than those who dont

Your post was in relation to animal owners and those who do not own animals, not people who do or do not like animals.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭chrissb8

No, you're wrong and that's it. Makes no sense.

My late Dad adored cats (and indeed all animals) and so did his brother (who died shortly after his cat did, both old age), but their two sisters totally disliked cats, and avoided dogs. My late mother never trusted cats, and blamed her rheumatoid arthritis as a reaction to a cat bite, which it was, at least indirectly. So in my family it was the men who were cat crazy, not the women at all. I’m an exception :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,202 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Im sorry but for me its a turn on!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,536 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Not for me and the smell is horrendous.

If you have the space, let a cat out to do it's business. I think it's cruel for people in apartments to have cats cooped up 24/7 in any event but that's just my opinion.

If the litter tray is emptied regularly and cleaned and also placed in the right postion then the smell will not be a problem.

Keeping a cat indoors is not cruel. They get a good deal.

Cats and dogs are domesticated because they relaised it's a good deal for them. They get fed and watered and given shelter and heat.

But the biggest thing they get is safety and security (in their pysche) from predators.

I have a cat in an apartment and he just wouldn't go outside if you paid him. Much prefers the indoors which is also his territory.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

I think women are mostly looking for men who are macho or strong, cuddling a cat does not exactly project a strong image.

I'm going to put this at around #6 of most retarded things said on boards.ie in 2020.

whatever you have to tell yourself to go blindly into the night

chrissb8 wrote: »
    No, you're wrong and that's it. Makes no sense.

It makes sense if the definition of people who like animals are those who leave them in their natural environment and don't interfere with them, rather than those who must have them as a possession, use them for taking 'cute' photos, abandon them all day and contribute to the selective breeding/mutation of animals based on what they think is nice or cute only for the new mutations to have horrific health problems - and then they write things like if you don't love dogs/cats etc (like i obviously do because i have a pug in my photo wearing a jacket and shoes) then swipe left.

Advertisement