Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PeoplePoint & Booking Work Holidays

• 25-11-2020 7:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭

Hi. Im in the Civil Service. Im looking to book time off annual leave for Christmas period.
    Just wondering is this done via PeoplePoint? If so, how do you go about it? Steps?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭BJG524

Go to hr and pensions
    Annual leave
    Apply for your dates
    Your manager then has to approve

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,930 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Talk to your manager first. Looks like you're only in the door and others may have it booked from last Christmas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭I am me123

BJG524 wrote: »
    Go to hr and pensions
    Annual leave
    Apply for your dates
    Your manager then has to approve

Thanks a mill..

Im looking to book time off from 23rd December to early 2021. I have told my supervisor of the dates I plan to book off with no issues.
    How much in advance should I book my leave via peoplepoint?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 379 ✭✭Bicyclette

The most important thing is to get the go-ahead from your supervisor. Ensure that your office has cover.

Peoplepoint was being updated this weekend. So I would leave it for a few days. See if there are any teething problems with the update (highly unlikely but you never know).

Make sure you book the leave before your supervisor goes on holidays - so they can approve it. Other than that, put it in when it suits you - unless there is a specific protocol for your section.

I usually agree my days off with my supervisor and then put them into the peoplepoint system after it has been taken.

We do this because its difficult and complicated change something that has already been approved on PeoplePoint, if the dates change for any reason.

For that reason, I wouldn't put them into PeoplePoint until after the leave is taken, unless your supervisor requests you put them in, in advance.

• Advertisement

Thanks.

When you apply for the leave through PeoplePoint how do you know it has been approved or declined by your manager?
    Do you get an email notification?

I am me123 wrote: »
    Thanks.

When you apply for the leave through PeoplePoint how do you know it has been approved or declined by your manager?

Yes but talk to your manager first.

For those booking the 24th off. Its usually an early finish so a waste of a day.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭carleigh

Thanks.

You will get an automated email from PeoplePoint when your manager has approved or declined your request.

Can I double check the dates that I recently booked off as annual leave via PeoplePoint? If so how?

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭carleigh

Can I double check the dates that I recently booked off as annual leave via PeoplePoint? If so how?

If you log in you should see on the top right hand corner any upcoming leave you have booked and your leave allowance remaining.

• Advertisement

carleigh wrote: »
    If you log in you should see on the top right hand corner any upcoming leave you have booked and your leave allowance remaining.

Thanks.
    When doing the above, will it show the exact duration of the leave booked?
    As in starting date of the leave &.date due back at work?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭billyhead

Thanks.
    When doing the above, will it show the exact duration of the leave booked?
    As in starting date of the leave &.date due back at work?

There's a user guide on the Peoplepoint screen. Have a read of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

These type of questions should be handled in the office.

Have people gotten lazy with the systems that they can't be bothered looking at the portals to understand the services offered.
    A simple look at the portal when applying for Al would save the questions.

I'm sure the help desk staff get tired of it especially when there's a help section

Advertisement