Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Royal Ascot 2019

Options
  • 20-06-2019 3:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭

Not a fan of racing but enjoying the fashion.
    Some of the younger royals look fierce frumpy. I liked Kate's blue dress, not my style but it looked good on her.
    Hated Zara Philip's dress, way too much material. A lot of them seemed to go for the high neck which isn't that flattering for the larger busted ladies.
    LOVED Laura Whitmore and Kitty Spencer. Looking forward to seeing the Ladies Day pics

Royal-Ascot-2019-Day-One-Feature-Image-1068x623.jpg

Sophie-Countess-of-Wessex-at-Ascot-1920094.webp?r=1560891265132

1a11bf50-9215-11e9-96d5-8f4d728fc2cd

lady-kitty-spencer-attends-day-1-of-royal-ascot-at-ascot-news-photo-1156711681-1560870734.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Love Kitty's hat! Elegant and not ostentatious.

Kate's look is a bit My Fair Lady or something! I don't hate it but there's a lot going on.

Feel a bit mean to say but I find Eugenie and Beatrice rarely get it right, though I like Eugenie's hat.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

Poor Eugenie and Beatrice, lovely looking girls but fashionably challenged. Eugenie's seamstress literally made a booboo. My old sewing teacher would insisted those bust darts were re-done.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,175 ✭✭✭dee_mc

The only thing I can see when I look at Eugenie is that wonky bustline!
    Totally agree, Bea and Eug rarely quite get it right. I feel for them though, because their choices are always up for ridicule in the British press. It must be horrible pressure. I wonder whether either of them works with a stylist?!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

I must say this type of clothing does nothing for me. I'm no fan of Kardashian style but this is boring, proper and so conservative it would be considered demure in 1950's.

I think british royal style is where fashion goes to die.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

There was a series on Channel 4 a few years back where they set people up with dream job interviews, one was a fashion PR agency. In the pre-amble before the interviews the show asked the agency owners who is the worst person an interviewee could say is their fashion icon - Kate Middleton!

Advertisement