Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

05-06-2019, 19:42   #1
Pete12011

Part-time learning

Hello ,

I'm looking for some advice on obtaining a BEng (level 8 ) degree in civil engineering on a part time basis or with distance learning. I am currently working with an ordinary degree (level 7 ) but I cannot apply for a higher grade position with out the level 8 degree . Could anyone out there share any of their experiences on gaining the level 8 degree such as where they completed it and how was the course content etc overall. I live in the North West of the country . Thanks for any replies . . . .
Advertisement
06-06-2019, 09:10   #2
Tom Dunne
Comfortably numb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete12011 View Post
I live in the North West of the country . Thanks for any replies . . . .
Have you looked at IT Sligo? They offer a load of part-time/distance/online courses.
06-06-2019, 20:18   #3
Pete12011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Dunne View Post
Have you looked at IT Sligo? They offer a load of part-time/distance/online courses.
Hi Tom , thanks for reply , ya I have looked at Sligo IT ,, unfortunately they don't do any part time civil engineering level 8 courses . Might try and go down the route of the open university Ireland , they have a part time add on BEng in civil , 2 years part time . . .
11-06-2019, 13:07   #4
Captain Havoc
English, Deutsch, Francais.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete12011 View Post
Hi Tom , thanks for reply , ya I have looked at Sligo IT ,, unfortunately they don't do any part time civil engineering level 8 courses . Might try and go down the route of the open university Ireland , they have a part time add on BEng in civil , 2 years part time . . .
I'm going into my fifth year studying languages part-time with the OU. It's great but you need to be disciplined.
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion