Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Last Week's Top Five Queries (17.06.2019 - 23.06.2019)

• 24-06-2019 5:09pm
    Company Representative Posts: 222 Verified rep

1. There are plastic barriers left on the road. Who do I contact to get them removed?

Would you mind sending a PM with the following and we will follow up with our crews in the area?

- Your full name;
    - Contact number; and
    - The exact location of these barriers and when they were first in place.

2. How much will it cost to connect a domestic property to the public water and wastewater network?

You can see our Connection Charges information here and if you have any further queries, you can email newconnections@water.ie and our team will be happy to help.

3. I am worried that my property’s pipes may contain lead. Can you help?

We would recommend that you contact a qualified plumber to investigate your property's internal and external pipework to determine if lead pipes are present and to have these replaced.

You can also arrange to have your water privately tested to determine whether lead is present in your supply. A list of accredited testing facilities can be found here.

If your tap has not been used for many hours, running or flushing the water before using it for drinking or cooking may lower the level of lead if it is present in your supply. Therefore, we would also recommend running your taps for 10-15 minutes before use. For more information regarding lead in drinking water, please see here.

4. Bad smell coming from the pipes outside my property. Who should I contact?

Can you PM us with the following information and a member of our team will look into this matter?
    - Name;
    - Contact number; and
    - Full address.

5.  How do I turn off my outside stop valve at the mains?

In order to turn off your supply from the public mains to your property, you can switch your supply off using the outside stop valve located in your meter box.

Once the works are complete, you can turn back on your supply when safe to do so, as the outside stop valve is on publicly accessible land.

Advertisement