Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boiler repairs

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

Rosedust84 wrote: »
    Thank you, I am hoping that things don't take a long time :)
    The new one is, landlord is fuming about the hole and wants me to buy a new oil tank, I wonder what he would say if I moved out and brought the tank,not really possible but..
    Also, because the clock has been changed I no long have access to immersion, the only way for hot water is heating on or open fire, the list just keeps growing :/

Jesus wept!
    What kind of chancer is this moron.
    Make sure to tell threshold about that. Hopefully he is in for a serious wake up call.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Rosedust84

I literally just think he believes he is renting out this concrete structure and the rest is down to us. Which was beneficial in the beginning because we could paint, hang pictures, have pets, I moved from owning to renting so had all this furniture I didn't want to try and sell, so having an empty shell with these benefits were really great to be fair. He has been nice enough to deal with only when problems arise the fun starts. I moved out of Dublin to the country and still really miss home but have grown to love it here, so this is a shame really. I could be paying the same rent in another home without (hopefully!) problems..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

I literally just think he believes he is renting out this concrete structure and the rest is down to us. Which was beneficial in the beginning because we could paint, hang pictures, have pets, I moved from owning to renting so had all this furniture I didn't want to try and sell, so having an empty shell with these benefits were really great to be fair. He has been nice enough to deal with only when problems arise the fun starts. I moved out of Dublin to the country and still really miss home but have grown to love it here, so this is a shame really. I could be paying the same rent in another home without (hopefully!) problems..

If you have the ability to move into another place in the area without putting yourself at a financial loss then you should just do this.

If you have the ability to move into another place in the area without putting yourself at a financial loss then you should just do this.

Unless I was able to get a loan it would be very difficult for me, I won't get my deposit back or month in advance, daft has only one place for rent in this area so I would have to move out of town, I could but not ideal.
    Any ideas on how long prtb take roughly? My fridge is totally broken, I got my groceries the other day and found everything yesterday totally ruined

I phoned Threshold and initially she said to phone the council but I explained about the HAP, she agreed the same as has been said that it could put my payment at risk. She asked if that happened would it push him to rectify the problems, but it wouldn't, he will just throw us out. My MIL will loan me some money and I will have to buy a fridge I can't do without while I wait for the RtB, Im down a tonne this week between the plumber and lost food

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

I phoned Threshold and initially she said to phone the council but I explained about the HAP, she agreed the same as has been said that it could put my payment at risk. She asked if that happened would it push him to rectify the problems, but it wouldn't, he will just throw us out. My MIL will loan me some money and I will have to buy a fridge I can't do without while I wait for the RtB, Im down a tonne this week between the plumber and lost food

So sorry this is as bad as ever. Good that you are getting official support

Advertisement