Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas TV Thread 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Yes, really looking forward to seeing this but two comments- does anyone else think Matthew Horne is the person who has aged badly from the cast?
    Also, no sign of Neil, the baby :) and no sign of Gavin and Stacy's kid either. How far in the future from the end of season 3 is this set?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭jr86

Yes, really looking forward to seeing this but two comments- does anyone else think Matthew Horne is the person who has aged badly from the cast?
    Also, no sign of Neil, the baby :)and no sign of Gavin and Stacy's kid either. How far in the future from the end of season 3 is this set?

Pam can be seen hugging a child in that trailer... more than likely Gavin's son (about 21 seconds in)

I'm guessing there'll be a bit of a rivalry between him and Neil junior :pac:

This is set 10 years on. I'm guessing that Gavin and Stacey inherited Doris's house, as her actress died in the meantime and she'll obviously be written out of the show

Looks like poor Smithy is still single. I'm delighted they didn't make him and Nessa a couple, as realistically it'd never work! Unless he has a "Lucy"-like girlfriend on the go again :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭jr86

Loughc wrote: »

It’s like the old phrase well if it ain’t broke don’t fix it. Looks like rehashed ideas reused and I for one can’t wait :D

Yeah from the short trailer and episode description it looks like nothing has changed in ten years :)

Smithy still as child-like as ever :pac: Nessa with her catch-phrases, Pam furious to be taken out of Essex :D

And great to see Dawn and Pete returning! Was never all that gone in the Jason character but I'm guessing he'll be brought back to act as a babysitter so they don't have to include the kids in every scene, allowing the main characters to let their hair down and shine in their own right.

Bryn managing Christmas dinner is a stroke of genius, that'll be guaranteed comedy gold!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,534 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I'm so excited for this. :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

BBC’s 3 part A Christmas Carol remake with Guy Pearse Starts on BBC1 on Sunday 22nd Dec at 9pm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,166 ✭✭✭✭DvB

BBC’s 3 part A Christmas Carol remake with Guy Pearse Starts on BBC1 on Sunday 22nd Dec at 9pm.

Set that to record so, will be at star wars that night.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

And it begins.

WJX4ego.jpg

Lss2BUo.jpg

WwjjkPM.jpg

dcN6shU.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

So out of all that, I want to see/record The Snail & the Whale, Room on the Broom & Gavin and Stacey.

There's a few there on BBC for me, I've never seen Moana but heard good things, Strictly, Michael McIntyre, Gavin & Stacey all must watches aswell.

There's a few there on BBC for me, I've never seen Moana but heard good things, Strictly, Michael McIntyre, Gavin & Stacey all must watches aswell.

Moana is great, definitely worth a watch.

Call the midwife, Gavin & Stacey and the new 'A christmas Carol' is what I'll be making sure to watch, the rest is less essential :D
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,344 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

When is RTÉ schedule out does any helpful elf know?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Some good stuff there on BBC however hardly get to watch any TV on Christmas Eve and the only thing we watch on Christmas Day is Mrs. Brown's Boys.

Was going through the planner last night to free up some stage and discovered I have 6 movies from last Christmas that I never got to watch. Not just any movies either, 3 Indiana Jones and 3 back to the future. Couldn't bring myself to delete them however cant see myself getting to watch them before this years Christmas movies start!

When is RTÉ schedule out does any helpful elf know?

https://www.buzz.ie/entertainment/rte-unveil-tv-radio-line-christmas-new-years-345538

Turns out it was today :)

0BSP95j.jpg

Poor enough and no sign of RTE2 yet.

TRS30 wrote: »
    the only thing we watch on Christmas Day is Mrs. Brown's Boys.

And you were doing so well too.... :rolleyes::D

Can't stand that show, or more to th epoint, cant stand BO'C..:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,344 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

My one definite so far is the service of carols and lessons on Christmas Eve.

0BSP95j.jpg

Beauty and the beast is the only one I’d be red buttoning however is on BBC so will go there for no ads.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭gidget

Looking at the BBC tv listings, Worzel Gummidge was one that stood out. Proper blast from the past that one. Didn't even know there was a remake in the works and probably won't be up to John Pertwee's magic as Worzel, but worth a watch anyway, so out of most of the listings, i'll put that one on the record list should I get waylaid watching something else.

DvB wrote: »
    And you were doing so well too.... :rolleyes::D

Can't stand that show, or more to th epoint, cant stand BO'C..:mad:

I can take him or leave him however my folks love the show so will assume will want to watch it again this year.

I can take him or leave him however my folks love the show so will assume will want to watch it again this year.

Ah can understand how you'd end up watching it if the oldies enjoy it.

Thank the stars no one in our family likes him though or there'd be ructions:D

• Advertisement

Same for me, D'Mother especially loves it, we can't stand it ourselves but she looks forward to it.

DvB wrote: »
    Ah can understand how you'd end up watching it if the oldies enjoy it.

Thank the stars no one in our family likes him though or there'd be ructions:D

It's pretty much the only time the TV goes on on Christmas Day. However my sisters oldest is a moody teenager now so was bored last year with the presents/games etc so will probably want to watch a movies or play his play station. Am thinking of putting a TV in the attic so he can do his own thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,917 ✭✭✭trashcan

0BSP95j.jpg

Jesus that’s rank. I don’t expect much from RTE but even by their standards........ Mind you, BBC is no better. Remember when you used to look forward to TV at Christmas ?

trashcan wrote: »
    Jesus that’s rank. I don’t expect much from RTE but even by their standards........ Mind you, BBC is no better. Remember when you used to look forward to TV at Christmas ?

I actually think BBC has a decent lineup this year...

RTE however... worst one yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

In keeping with the rest of my planned view, The Tiger Who Came To Tea is on C4 on Christmas Eve. Another one to record - love reading that book to the kids! :D

The RTE guide will be in the shops on December 9th :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,295 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory on Christmas day - a great Christmas tradition

branie2 wrote: »
    Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory on Christmas day - a great Christmas tradition

Original Gene Wilder one is much better imo

• Registered Users Posts: 10,295 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Agreed!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

The thing I noticed about the Christmas Day Rte 1 playlist was the ONE MINUTE promo for DWTS. I’m a fan but it hardly merits appearing on the list!

Advertisement