Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2019/2020

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

Julian Nagelsmann
    off to the emirates this thursday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

Massimo Allegri
    off to the emirates this thursday

See you bud! Hoping it will be a good game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,673 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Massimo Allegri
    OmegaGene wrote: »
    Looks like Kane is out for the season, that should work in our favour

Did their form not collapse when he came back from injury?

Meh, what would work best in our favour would be us not acting like a**holes every time we have to get a bus anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,684 ✭✭✭emmetlego

Mikel Arteta
    Son as main goal threat actually worries me more!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Mikel Arteta
    Club are saying that Kos & Xhaka both having late fitness tests & could be available

• Advertisement

Massimo Allegri
    Club are saying that Kos & Xhaka both having late fitness tests & could be available

both are in full training today

https://twitter.com/charles_watts/status/1115937605881823232

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,198 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Mikel Arteta
    al87987 wrote: »
    I can't be the only one surprised you didn't go with Mustafied here surely.

Careful there.
    I got banned for making a comment like that about a player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Careful there.
    I got banned for making a comment like that about a player.

No you didn't. Massive difference.

Mikel Arteta
    Nixonbot wrote: »
    No you didn't. Massive difference.

I’ve seen the exact same word used twice, aimed at a referee, in the last pages of the old thread.
    Anyway it’s done now however and I don’t want anyone else being victimized.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭farna_boy

Brendan Rodgers
    Watching the Juve match, one of the things I miss most about Scz is his distribution. Not only is it quick, but I'd say at least 90% of the time it goes to a Juve player, regardless of the situation

Mikel Arteta
    5star02707 wrote: »

I have a real feeling that this match could suit Torreira, if he's on form he could really make a difference here. Auba is fully fit again, apparently been on antibiotics for a while is why he's been benched.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,673 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Massimo Allegri
    I think this is on Virgin Media 2 this evening.

I'm actually dead nervous. I just want to win something in Europe, it's been ages.

Mikel Arteta
    Ol' Donie wrote: »
    I think this is on Virgin Media 2 this evening.

I'm actually dead nervous. I just want to win something in Europe, it's been ages.

Yep it is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭correction

Nuno Espirito Santo
    Prediction for tonight

Cech
    Sokratis Koscielny Monreal
    AMN
    Xhaka Ramsey
    Kolasinac
    Ozil
    Auba Laca

Wouldn't surprise me to see Torreria come in but I also can't see Xhaka and Ramsey not playing assuming they're fit. Wouldn't shock me to see any combination of Auba, Laca, Ozil, Iwobi and Mhki as the front 3 either. Maybe he'll use Ramsey in the front 3 again? Although I really think it's him and Xhaka being the CM's that make the 3 at the back work. Maybe he'll revert to 4 at the back?

Mikel Arteta
    Disappointed with the starting line out last Sunday. It really showed how poor the squad is. Hoping tonight that Emery plays our best players available because last Sun I knew we’d lose before a ball was kicked. Hoping for better tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

Mikel Arteta
    I’m really nervous, yet excited for tonight’s match at the same time. Would gladly take a 1 nil victory and a clean sheet tonight. Although any win would do to be fair. It’s hard to know what type of lead we will need going into the second leg, due to the poor performances away from home.

This club badly needs champions league football for next season, another season in the Europa league could be very damaging long term.

Apparently Xhaka isn’t in the squad tonight. That’s a big blow, I’m assuming it will be Torreira and Ramsey starting in the centre now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

Mikel Arteta
    https://twitter.com/arseblog/status/1116394800788508672?s=21

Cech, Maitland-Niles, Sokratis, Koscielny, Monreal, Kolasinac, Torreira, Ramsey, Ozil, Aubameyang, Lacazette.

According to Arseblog this is the starting lineup. I like that a lot. Maitland-Niles and Kolasinac will provide the width, Torreira to shield the defense to allow that attacking quartet to hopefully do their jobs. Optimistic after seeing that now.

Mikel Arteta
    The selected team should win a home leg.
    It’s all about attitude and effort now.

Mikel Arteta
    I would prefer Leno in goal, I don’t trust cech at all

Yeah. I don’t see the point of rotating for Cup games especially at this stage. Foolish imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Mikel Arteta

Yeah there's a time and place to give Cech minutes and I don't think a Europa league QF against a good Napoli side is that time. I hope I'm wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Leno's obviously better, but we wouldn't be talking about any match tonight if not for Cech in this competition.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

Mikel Arteta
    that's probably our strongest lineup at the minute bar cech obv. really looking forward to the game now not having to watch mustafi and get pissed off every time i see him. we need a few goal lead going over there and no away goals for them would be nice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Mikel Arteta
    Torreiras up for this one. Come on Arsenal!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

He's leaving for nothing, that lad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,624 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Brendan Rodgers
    Keep the pressure on them now. Arsenal need to have a big goal cushion for next week, because you know they'll need it.

Mikel Arteta
    Great energy tonight and I’m not quaking when they go forward with Mustafi not on. We could seal the tie tonight.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,127 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Massimo Allegri
    Amazes me the difference between us at home and away.

Psychological, surely. We look like world beaters at home and relegation fodder away :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,624 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Brendan Rodgers
    Johnathan Pearce on commentary duty, solo. Fck he's terrible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,684 ✭✭✭emmetlego

Mikel Arteta
    They analyse every Arsenal goal, looking for fouls in the build up and handballs etc. It's painful listening. Think I'd rather switch the sound down or watch it on Bein!!!

Some great moves tonight, but we need to keep the clean sheet and we will need another couple of goals to be absolutely sure. We all know the away form is diabolical!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement