Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2019/2020

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Gizmo55 wrote: »
    Found yiz. F*ck sake. Put a link in the last post mods. We're all Gooners aren't we? Poor form.

Belatedly added in. Again I blame rivals ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

Massimo Allegri
    Emery's interview

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsFZeC8kPVQ

Love the man! Hope he gets backing and build his team ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,684 ✭✭✭emmetlego

Mikel Arteta
    5star02707 wrote: »
    Emery's interview

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsFZeC8kPVQ

Love the man! Hope he gets backing and build his team ;)

That's a great interview. His English has got so much better too, from his "esplayin" days!

They definitely do.

We've got away fixtures to the teams in 7th, 8th, 9th and 10th consecutively and this season we've dropped points away to the teams in 1st, 2nd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 11th, 13th, 15th and 16th, so there is good reason to be apprehensive. That said, we know our rivals will drop points for certain as they have to play each other, so a small improvement in our away form may be enough. Our defensive improvement gives some encouragement also.

On the plus side, very few teams we have to play have anything left to play for. No fear of relegation, no chance of qualifying for Europe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,059 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Julian Nagelsmann
    The longer this weekend goes on the less optimistic I am about the match tomorrow. Everyone is usually someone I dismiss but our away form is atrocious and to give credit where it's due Everton will be hopeful of a result so will give us a game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,673 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Massimo Allegri
    Quazzie wrote: »
    The longer this weekend goes on the less optimistic I am about the match tomorrow. Everyone is usually someone I dismiss but our away form is atrocious and to give credit where it's due Everton will be hopeful of a result so will give us a game.

Ha, yeah. At the start of the week, I was pretty certain we'd be 3rd, and comfortably.

Now I'm just thinking take it one game at a time, don't do anything stupid, if we can grab one, please God we'll be alright.

But jesus, don't do anything stupid.

Mikel Arteta
    Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Ha, yeah. At the start of the week, I was pretty certain we'd be 3rd, and comfortably.

Now I'm just thinking take it one game at a time, don't do anything stupid, if we can grab one, please God we'll be alright.

But jesus, don't do anything stupid.

Crucial that we have Sokratis (without getting a yellow) and Koscielny back for this one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

Massimo Allegri
    emmetlego wrote: »
    Crucial that we have Sokratis (without getting a yellow) and Koscielny back for this one.

No Koscielny from the looks of it (training pictures) it's. Goin to be mustafi and sokratis again with monreal to form the back 3.

And I agree sokratis shouldn't get yellow carded so he could avoid a 2 match ban

Mikel Arteta
    Damnit!!!

What’s wrong with Kos??

emmetlego wrote: »
    Damnit!!!

What’s wrong with Kos??

Bruised foot, apparently. Physioroom says a late fitness test for him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

Julian Nagelsmann
    Big game today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Mikel Arteta
    Aubameyang on the bench.

Julian Nagelsmann
    Not liking the fact that Mustafi is starting or the fact that our centre mid is so weak. Where's Ramsey, or Torreira, or Xhaka?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Mikel Arteta
    Not liking the fact that Mustafi is starting or the fact that our centre mid is so weak. Where's Ramsey, or Torreira, or Xhaka?

Torreira is suspended I think and Ramsey is on the bench.

Xhaka injured, Torreira banned, Ramsey carrying a minor problem but good enough for bench.

Julian Nagelsmann
    A fücking throw into the box.

AMN getting shown up regularly by Bernard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,803 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Mikel Arteta
    I'd have Pascal Cygan in there before Mustafi. How can a world cup winner be so useless?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

Mikel Arteta
    was expecting us to concede a few goals considering the spine of our team is so weak today

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭Marcus Antonius

Eddie Howe
    Dire start and Everton look more likely to score again that us. Hopefully the lads wake up, especially our defense

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

Julian Nagelsmann
    ffs 2 match ban

• Advertisement

Julian Nagelsmann
    Every man and his dog could see that starting with Guendouzi and ElNeny in the middle, and Ozil and Miki as well we were always going to be too narrow. Naive way to set up. It leaves the wings totally open and Bernard in particular is having a field day. On the very rare occasion that Kolasinic is getting forward he has nothing to pass to because it's only Lacazette to aim at.

Sokratis booked now. That's more game time for the clown Mustafi. WTF do we have to do to get this sack out of the team?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

Massimo Allegri
    AMN needs to work on that delivery. Good cut back initially but an aimless swipe at the ball ends up putting us in trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

Mikel Arteta
    we need one of those emery half time subs, ramsey on for elneny

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,258 ✭✭✭allinthehead

Julian Nagelsmann
    Utterly gutless in the first half. Beglin just described them as snowflakey.

☀️

Julian Nagelsmann
    That's as poor a 45 minutes football I've seen from an Arsenal side in quiet some time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Absolute nothingness. The players are not interested. And when they do get on the ball they are more interested in their passing stats than actually trying to score.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,912 ✭✭✭omega man

Massimo Allegri
    Away form is a real concern considering we’ve only 2 home games left in top 4 race.

Ramsey and Auba will need to come on. Take a draw right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭Esse85

omega man wrote: »
    Away form is a real concern considering we’ve only 2 home games left in top 4 race.

Ramsey and Auba will need to come on. Take a draw right now.

Emery was listening.

Julian Nagelsmann
    Ramsey was a cert to come on, but it must have been a coin toss between who to take off. Elneny arguably was better the first half than the declining Guendhouzi.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,482 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Marcelo Bielsa
    I wonder was the plan to hold them until half time and then bring Laca and Ramsey late in the 2nd half to beat them

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement