Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Walking Dead | Season 9 | Episode 13 | Chokepoint [AMC] [SPOILERS]

Options
  • 08-03-2019 8:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭

The Walking Dead - Season 9

Episode 13 - "Chokepoint"

Airdate - March 10th on AMC at 9/8c | March 11th on FOX UK at 9PM

Alpha's group goes on the hunt to retrieve two escapees; the Kingdom assesses a threat.
    Daryl's daring rescue mission forces Alpha to unleash a group of her own to retrieve what belongs to her, even if the price is paid in blood; the Kingdom's plans to reunite the communities are put in jeopardy.

Promo

Sneak Peek

How did you rate this episode? 24 votes

0%
    0%
    0%
    25%
    YakuzageeceeFreudianSlippersfritzellysnowgalbrianregan09 6 votes
    33%
    rtronNUTZZ8mvfoozzybear61duffysfarmgreenwavingLl31nannerby 8 votes
    20%
    Darth MelkorParkman77GuffyCiaranW[Deleted User] 5 votes
    4%
    mooreman09 1 vote
    8%
    charlietheminxxZadkiel 2 votes
    4%
    Ally Dick 1 vote
    4%
    Keplar240B 1 vote

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭duffysfarm

the highway men!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,035 ✭✭✭Guffy

So many things annoyed me on this episode.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

It's still a fairly schlocky show but I still think this season is infinitely better than the last few, way better balanced and stronger character development, and far less of the pantomine villian performances/reasoning....and a lot more semi-realistic/logical zombie action to boot. Not perfect, but a major improvement.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Guffy wrote: »
    So many things annoyed me on this episode.
    It was somehow simultaneously an extremely annoying and enjoyable episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

Fun fact;

The actor who plays Henry, Matt Lintz, is the older brother of the actor who played Henry before the time jump forward, and the younger brother of the actress who played Sophia way back in season 1.

lintz-walking-dead-comicbookcom-1143999.jpeg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,665 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

This show is painful. All talk. Not enough action. I think it's time to pull the plug

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

I've tried giving this season a chance, 13 episodes in fact. But I think it's time to call it quits with this program. It's just not for me anymore.

I will say that it has slightly improved over last few seasons, but too little too late.

Ally Dick wrote: »
    This show is painful. All talk. Not enough action. I think it's time to pull the plug
    That's an extremely fair criticism of the show, but certainly not of episode 13 - so I have to assume you didn't watch the episode and you're here for other reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

NUTZZ wrote: »
    Fun fact;

The actor who plays Henry, Matt Lintz, is the older brother of the actor who played Henry before the time jump forward, and the younger brother of the actress who played Sophia way back in season 1.

lintz-walking-dead-comicbookcom-1143999.jpeg

I was actually going to put up a post saying how awful he is. What is the problem with this show and awful teenage actors? His expression is the exact same in every shot, he's like a rabbit caught in the headlights. The girl who plays Lydia is in a different league to him and she's not doing anything special. He reminds me of Hayden Christensen, who played Anakin in the Star Wars prequels. Yes, he's that bad.

And the fact that he is essentially Carl, who was also rubbish, just makes him even worse.

Henry and the usual silly things aside (why did Daryl and co stop at the building, why not just keep going back to the nearest community?), I thought this was the best episode of the season. Fantastic fight scene with plenty of tension. Beta is some man for one man.

I was actually going to put up a post saying how awful he is. What is the problem with this show and awful teenage actors? His expression is the exact same in every shot, he's like a rabbit caught in the headlights. The girl who plays Lydia is in a different league to him and she's not doing anything special. He reminds me of Hayden Christensen, who played Anakin in the Star Wars prequels. Yes, he's that bad.

Henry and the usual silly things aside (why did Daryl and co stop at the building, why not just keep going back to the nearest community?), I thought this was the best episode of the season. Fantastic fight scene with plenty of tension. Beta is some man for one man.

They didnt want to bring the group back to their community.

The real question is why did Daryl only shoot a walker and just one when beta stood out like a sore thumb

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

Guffy wrote: »
    They didnt want to bring the group back to their community.

The real question is why did Daryl only shoot a walker and just one when beta stood out like a sore thumb

But they would have been way ahead of them and could easily have made it back without being caught.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,665 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

That's an extremely fair criticism of the show, but certainly not of episode 13 - so I have to assume you didn't watch the episode and you're here for other reasons.

I saw it alright. Was not impressed

But they would have been way ahead of them and could easily have made it back without being caught.

They would have followed them to the camp. That was the point they made in the episode.

UFC is generally on a Saturday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

I liked this episode a lot. The fight between Daryl and Beta was pretty great. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭nannerby

I liked the episode the fight scene was cool bit disappointed with the Highwaymen tho.

Not a question of being "impressed" - you were objectively wrong about it being all talk.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,114 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Good episode, as said definitely a grudge match between Darl and Beta.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭DoozerT6

Not a bad episode. One thing that I've noticed: The Whisperers say that Hilltop (Luke/Alden) wandered into 'their territory': But as they're a roving band (aren't they?), I guess their territory is a specific radius to where they happen to be at that time? Otherwise it makes no sense that the Whisperers and Hilltop haven't come across each other before over the past several years. Likewise with the Highwaymen. We're just meeting them now??? After a decade of seemingly living in the same small area as the Kingdom? Or are they, too, just passing through on their travels, and just decide what their territory is on a given day? It's not really clear.

Or am I thinking about it too much :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 51,114 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

The Whisperers are nomadic in nature, moving from place to place as a pack or herd so it's a fair assertion that they only moved into the area of hilltop in recent times. But they are also very territorial and see the living survivors of the old world as a threat, especially within territory claimed as theirs. Nobody knows exactly how long they have been in the Hilltop area but they probably studied the Hilltop group well before they revealed themselves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

The US rating have been up for the second week in a row with this episode;

Episode 9.11 – 4.39 million
    Episode 9.12 – 4.71 million
    Episode 9.13 – 4.83 million

Season 9’s numbers had been on a steady decline, so it’s interesting to see that they’re on the rise again these last couple weeks. That would seem to suggest that viewers are interested in the Whisperers storyline, which has given us terrifying new villains in Alpha and Beta. With only three episodes remaining in the season, “The Walking Dead” is building to what’s sure to be a brutal clash between our heroes and the creepy Whisperers, and the unique storyline has all around brought a must-watch quality to the series that it hasn’t had in quite some time.

Here’s hoping this rise in viewership continues, as Season 9 has damn sure been working hard to earn those extra eyeballs. It’s not better than ever, but it’s damn good right now.

Advertisement