Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

I’m currently watching/reading/listening to?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Watched all of The Haunting of Hill House recently on Netflix. Great Halloween viewing.

Loughc wrote: »
    Watched all of The Haunting of Hill House recently on Netflix. Great Halloween viewing.

How scary is it? I'm tempted to watch it but I'm a total wuss. I avoid all horror movies. Is it full on terrifying?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

How scary is it? I'm tempted to watch it but I'm a total wuss. I avoid all horror movies. Is it full on terrifying?

No. It’s more creepy than scary.

Just don’t do what I did and watched 3 episodes in a row... in the dark... on my own...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I thought it was awful- I couldn't bring myself to watch beyond past episode 3.
    It was like a cheesy American family drama with additional flashbacks of occasional ghouls. :pac:

Posy wrote: »
    I thought it was awful- I couldn't bring myself to watch beyond past episode 3.
    It was like a cheesy American family drama with additional flashbacks of occasional ghouls. :pac:

I thought it was really good the characters got more and more fleshed out and you began to feel for them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Loughc wrote: »

You are braver than me. I saw a snippet of it on Celebrity Googlebox & I had to switch it off. I had nightmares about. :o I can't do scary - I'm a total wuss!

CheerLouth wrote: »
    You are braver than me. I saw a snippet of it on Celebrity Googlebox & I had to switch it off. I had nightmares about. :o I can't do scary - I'm a total wuss!

Either can my wife, hence how I end up watching it alone :o

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

CheerLouth wrote: »

I covered my eyes when it was on Gogglebox. Can’t handle things like that at all.

Glad I'm not the only one!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,435 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Can't do it either. :o

• Advertisement

OK I don't think I'll watch if some of you caught snippets and it was that scary. Nope. Not for me. I'll stick to my rom coms!

Just watched Journey Back to Christmas, a Hallmark film - heartwarming.

Deja Boo wrote: »
    Just watched Journey Back to Christmas, a Hallmark film - heartwarming.

Thanks, watched and loved it! Any other recommendations?

Thanks, watched and loved it! Any other recommendations?

:) Lots of Hallmarks on youtube, I've enjoyed these:
    One Special Night
    A Heavenly Christmas
    Angel in the Family (may be a little dark)
    Borrowed Hearts

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 11,995 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

I've just put on the soundtrack to The Nutcracker - the ballet not the new movie :)

Wanna see LoughC's Christmas Train - looks great!

Dermot Mulroney is a fave!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

I am a major Harry Potter fan, so looking forward to the next Fantastic Beast movie, it is out here next week-end !

Previewing Snowden for an evening taking care of kids.... the vid looks very sweet.

I'm here watching miracle on 34th Street (1994). Feck it, sure why not! I'm saving Love Actually and Elf for December though!

otnomart wrote: »
    I am a major Harry Potter fan, so looking forward to the next Fantastic Beast movie, it is out here next week-end !

I'm going to see it on Saturday with my BFF - we are so excited! :D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭weetiepie

Reading Nigel Slaters' "The Christmas Chronicles"...am just loving it!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,379 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

I went to see The Grinch last night and thought it was great.
    He's a bit nicer and softer in this version of it and I found it far funnier.

Nice start to the festive season

Watching Three Days

...so far, it's way too depressing

If you can get through :rolleyes: the first 10 minutes, Christmas with a View turns out to be a pleasant made-for-tv movie.

Just finished Angels & Ornaments - sweet film.

The Dog Who Saved Christmas I and II

Lads the darts tonight. Wow.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

started re watching the Hannah Hauxwell documentary programmes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lC5WeuLHUdU

wonderful lady living as few do..

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Graces7 wrote: »
    started re watching the Hannah Hauxwell documentary programmes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lC5WeuLHUdU

wonderful lady living as few do..

Just watched the second programme with tears flowing free. This was a lady who lived a very very harsh and poor life farming in the Yorkshire Dales, battling appalling winters deep in snowdrifts. A serene soul.

She caught the public eye and they followed her when, on the episode I saw today, she finally had to sell up through ill health and move. Amazing woman. Totally in awe of her tranquillity and peace
    Through the BBC fame she travelled overseas..

Seen these before and am not going to watch/enjoy the next one when she lives in the village.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,229 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I’m still watching Christmas 24 :) don’t want it to end

Advertisement