Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester City Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

https://twitter.com/ManCity/status/949649296827342848

A surprisingly strong line up. Particularly that forward line. Try and get the game sewn up early, then get the subs on.

Stones at fault there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

We need to put away these chances shooting ourselves in the foot

We need to put away these chances shooting ourselves in the foot
    No shots on target yet. Doesn't look like Kev will be getting the whole game off.

That's how it's done

What a ****ing goal beautiful

Better!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Should have been 3.

A nice win before the pool game,Aguero with a brace not much more could ya ask for.

Never in doubt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 212 ✭✭Shaungoater

Jaysus I was worried for a bit sure no need. Kevs ball for the last was a thing of beauty. Would prefer to have kept him fresh for next week but it seems he wants to play

Jaysus I was worried for a bit sure no need. Kevs ball for the last was a thing of beauty. Would prefer to ha E kept him fresh fir next week but it seems he wants to play

This is the thing

Typical old school city fan is worried when we go a goal down that's it

New reality is That we go a goal down we we will turn it around and win

Loving it

Typical old school city fan is worried when we go a goal down that's it

I am worried all the time. About our finances, are we spending too much, will we blow up, city have me torn to pieces over the years!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭gstack166

Reading that City can only register 1 player that has played in the Europa League to be eligible to Champions League if we sign them in this window. Thoughts are we will try for Sanchez ahead of Evans, bid expected to be make this week.

Edit. I know Evans hasn’t played Europa League :) just quoting what I read.

gstack166 wrote:
    Reading that City can only register 1 player that has played in the Europa League to be eligible to Champions League if we sign them in this window. Thoughts are we will try for Sanchez ahead of Evans, bid expected to be make this week.

I thought it said sanchez rather than the real socieded defender because he has?

I thought it said sanchez rather than the real socieded defender because he has?
    You're correct. It was either/or Sanchez or Inigo Marinez. If it comes down to it, I'd go for Sanchez as we only have 1 fit striker at the moment, whereas we have options at CB.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭gstack166

blueser wrote: »
    You're correct. It was either/or Sanchez or Inigo Marinez. If it comes down to it, I'd go for Sanchez as we only have 1 fit striker at the moment, whereas we have options at CB.

Yeah think that was it, but think we have to shift Mangala for that to happen as they can’t get 2 foreign players in with the home grown rule or something like that.

gstack166 wrote: »
    Yeah think that was it, but think we have to shift Mangala for that to happen as they can’t get 2 foreign players in with the home grown rule or something like that.
    Is there not some rule about amending the CL squad in january? Not 100% on that, butI thought I read that somewhere a year or two back.

Is there not some rule about amending the CL squad in january? Not 100% on that, butI thought I read that somewhere a year or two back.

Liverpool without Coutinho, Salah is a doubt, new center back in there mix great time to play Liverpool.
    When is Jesus ment to be back, I'd nearly hold out on Sanchez is Jesus is back in 4/5 weeks any longer we have to get a striker.

• Advertisement

Liverpool without Coutinho, Salah is a doubt, new center back in there mix great time to play Liverpool.
    When is Jesus ment to be back, I'd nearly hold out on Sanchez is Jesus is back in 4/5 weeks any longer we have to get a striker.
    Pep was talking between 1 and 2 months. If it turns out to be the latter, it's a long time with only one out and out striker (the middle to end of next month).

Pep was talking between 1 and 2 months. If it turns out to be the latter, it's a long time with only one out and out striker (the middle to end of next month).
    Rumours that it could be far worse than first thought;

https://twitter.com/City_Watch/status/950135783469518849

:(

Rumours that it could be far worse than first thought;

https://twitter.com/City_Watch/status/950135783469518849

:(
    Poor lad knew it was bad when he was taken off Sanchez is a must now and the rumours of 30/35 million is a steal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,042 ✭✭✭Hitchens

Poor lad knew it was bad when he was taken off Sanchez is a must now and the rumours of 30/35 million is a steal.

Hopefully, ....I thought the same when Bony was signed! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭suffering golfer

Hitchens wrote: »
    Hopefully, ....I thought the same when Bony was signed! :(

to be fair, Sanchez is on a whole different level from Bony. Don't think Bony has ever come close to Sanchez numbers. Bony was brought off the back of a good season with Swansea (one season wonder?) whereas Sanchez have been doing it for years.

On another note, good draw for the FA cup, only pity is we are not at home.

Hopefully get a few this half,this is going be far from easy.

• Advertisement

Just in the door about 10 minutes ago. By all accounts we were poor tonight. Mangala's fault for the penalty, I'm reading. We'll need a big improvement on sunday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Joe Exotic

I thought that with out a natural striker there was no focal point to our attack and we looked a bit aimless.

when Aguero came on we looked much better. it shows that despite having a great record this season Sterling is not a striker.

murphk wrote:
    I thought that with out a natural striker there was no focal point to our attack and we looked a bit aimless.

That's a tactic he has used at other clubs before no? Agree with you, we looked clueless at times too with no focal point. Mangala and Danilo don't look up to the standard. Stones wobbly again as he regains his fitness. Love the look of zinchenko.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Joe Exotic

That's a tactic he has used at other clubs before no? Agree with you, we looked clueless at times too with no focal point. Mangala and Danilo don't look up to the standard. Stones wobbly again as he regains his fitness. Love the look of zinchenko.

Mangala in particular he reminds me of me when i play indoor footie with the mates, and let me tell you that is no compliment :D

Sanchez left on the bench for Arsenal tonight. When asked about it, Wenger apparently said that "you can't really explain some decisions". Riiight.

• Advertisement

so that is the holidays fixtures over and done with. All in all been really good... all wins and just the 1 draw. Only downside is obviously the Jesus injury.

Hopefully the less taxing schedule from here will allow us to rotate/rest some players more efficiently and we will get a striker and defender in during the transfer window. As much as I like Mangala, he is not really up to the standard required.

Roll on the Liverpool game, that will be a tough game no doubt. Can see that being a high scoring draw.

United in for Sanchez now. Surely he would rather us at this stage, even if arsenal accept the offer off them?

United in for Sanchez now. Surely he would take at this stage, even if arsenal accept the offer of ours?
    It's down to him now. It'd be a blow if he didn't come, of course it would. He's got to do what he thinks is best for his career, his family and himself. If that turns out to be united, we dust ourselves down and move on. And take out a contract on him!

I have never cared less about a transfer

We made an offer and are sticking to it

If another club runs into the room in a total panic waving more money at him let them at it

He either wants to win trophys or he doesn't

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭POKERKING

I have never cared less about a transfer

We made an offer and are sticking to it

If another club runs into the room in a total panic waving more money at him let them at it

He either wants to win trophys or he doesn't

Be nice for a change for them to have a player choosing money over trophies as they used that enough against us in the past.

If im sanchez i either sign for city now or wait out til the summer and pocket the transfer fee and go to whoever. Going to utd now would make no sense to me.

https://twitter.com/ManCity/status/951763555694579712

Well done to Pep. The first manager to win the award in four consecutive months. Now to try to make it 5!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭loobylou

Aimed at Arsenal I'd guess.;)

Nervous about tomorrow. I can see delph getting torn apart by salah not sure we have enough cover offered by sane that side, it will pull ottamendi out of position too. The signs were there to first game until the sending off

Should be a good game of ball no bus parking two teams attacking

Pool 3 City 4 (Sterling 93)

• Advertisement

Nervous about tomorrow. I can see delph getting torn apart by salah not sure we have enough cover offered by sane that side, it will pull ottamendi out of position too. The signs were there to first game until the sending off

Excellent piece, summing up our ongoing woes when visiting Anfield;

http://bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/News/Article.aspx?id=2288#.WloU9ahl_IU

Sums up why a lot of blues, myself included, are dubious about predicting an invincible season.

blueser wrote:
    Excellent piece, summing up our ongoing woes when visiting Anfield;

Do you listen to city watch podcast or blue moon one with Sam Roscoe? Very good, had similar stories

Would love that, purely for the meltdown on the Pool thread. Would be great if we were losing 2-1 on the 89th minute, VVD scores an own goal on the 90th and then sterling goal on the 93rd from a VVD assist.

Do you listen to city watch podcast or blue moon one with Sam Roscoe? Very good, had similar stories
    The Blue moon podcast is usually worth a listen. Howard Hockin is always worth listening to (even if he is an acquired taste!).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,042 ✭✭✭Hitchens

Tomorrow's match would be a nice one to win but a draw is likely

Our first L of the season, mid January not bad, and nearly sneaked a draw at the end.

I am not sure we will pay collectively that bad again. Fernandiniho and Aguero were very poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Take Your Pants Off

I waa fuming how bad we were playing from the beginning. We were getting bullied no joke.
    Then second half we looked our normal self up to the point the goals kept coming in. But nice we got some goals back in and kept fighting. I just hope this isn't the start of something else. At first I agreed that we didn't need sanhcez but now I really think having him would help the team a lot. Aguero has been poor ever since the crash despite scoring few goals there and there.

Think I'll stick clear of match threads from now on. The amount of **** you get on there is baffling. Wouldn't mind so much, but I was actually bigging up Liverpool's prospects while downplaying ours. Turned out I was right, but no acknowledgement of that from a particular couple of posters.

• Advertisement

Apparently, this is the first midweek since August that we haven't got a midweek fixture. Time to rest, recharge the batteries and regroup before the Newcastle game.

Advertisement