Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Room to Improve.

Options
  • 04-05-2013 10:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭

Hi folks.
    I see there is an episode of Room to Improve on Sunday night on RTE.

Does anyone know if this is a repeat or a new series?

Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,648 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

I'm not sure.

But hey, repeat or new Dermot is bound to do the same old design of a cube/two cubes, with the kitchen in the middle, glass door onto the garden etc etc.

Oh yeah and he'll make a mess of something/make a big boo boo along the way and somehow squirm out of it with a bit of arrogance thrown in for good measure :pac:
    Seriously why people pay him for the same old stuff I have no idea :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 81,409 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

He hasn't been on TV promoting it so I'm guessing repeats.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

It's a repeat ...
    Room to Improve
    Season 6 Episode 1 of 6
    Architect Dermot Bannon takes on quite a challenge when he decides to help a couple wishing to transform a cold, dark and cramped bungalow just outside Tipperary, into the perfect family home
    Category DIY
    Cast
    Presenter Dermot Bannon (IMDB)
    RTÉ One 8:00pm-9:00pm (1 hour ) Sun 5 May
    (Subtitles) (Repeat)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

amdublin wrote: »
    I'm not sure.But hey, repeat or new Dermot is bound to do the same old design of a cube/two cubes, with the kitchen in the middle, glass door onto the garden etc etc.

And dont forget about the importance of LIGHT... Remember the couple that came to Dermot and asked for a thatched bungalow, until he explained to them the importance of good lighting..

Glass-House-3.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

And dont forget about the importance of LIGHT... Remember the couple that came to Dermot and asked for a thatched bungalow, until he explained to them the importance of good lighting..

Did you watch the episode tonight. Light was very much a part of the design.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,648 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

syklops wrote: »
    Did you watch the episode tonight. Light was very much a part of the design.

Yeah it tends to be in most house builds. What's your point?

Also what was very much part of the design was Dermots usual old "cubes". Yawn.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Joe Public

I like the series, repeats and all, but I always hate how they show the before and afters with no lights on in the "befores" and all lights on in the "afters" even though it's the middle of the day. I feel like it's a bit of a con to be using the lights to show how much brighter the house is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

I love the programme so much but I don't really know why, like as ye'r all saying....same design everytime! I hate the types of kitchens he chooses...very officey & show housey.

ok I was gonna make a point but have completely forgoten what it was :confused: :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭jjf1974

I think this is the third time this series has been shown.

Some lovely cubes there Dermot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Anyone see the episode on this week ?
    Basically he did the extension design perfectly so it would be planning exempt,
    then onsite between the builder and the owners who decided to project manage they decided to increase the size, and didn't tell Dermot , and it was half completed when he found out and it was over the exemption size.

The owners thought they were great differing from the plans and changing decisions without consulting him and they got an awful kick in the teeth in the end. They had to stop work completely in the middle of the project and apply for permission then.

They didn't even show the finished extension id say he was mighty pissed at them for being such fools.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 SomewhereNicer

Anyone see the episode on this week ?
    Basically he did the extension design perfectly so it would be planning exempt,
    then onsite between the builder and the owners who decided to project manage they decided to increase the size, and didn't tell Dermot , and it was half completed when he found out and it was over the exemption size.

The owners thought they were great differing from the plans and changing decisions without consulting him and they got an awful kick in the teeth in the end. They had to stop work completely in the middle of the project and apply for permission then.

They didn't even show the finished extension id say he was mighty pissed at them for being such fools.
    Ha! Brilliant!
    Serves them right! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭jjf1974

Back tonight at 9.30.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

It will be so tame compared to love/hate no doubt, but I am looking forward to it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭The Pontiac

This is so funny. Fran in the new series of Room to Improve.

Wonder has he got over his cube boxes addiction this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Wonder has he got over his cube boxes addiction this year?
    You not a fan, amdub?

Looks like interesting project!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Hi all

Did she say 30 or 13 bed room s in mullingar house?

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭ABlur

Here we go, strong language from the off!

• Advertisement

I love the house they're living in at the moment, it must be a wrench to leave it.

MrsD007 wrote: »
    You not a fan, amdub?

I just think all his houses are exactly the same on each program

Lisha wrote: »
    Hi all

Did she say 30 or 13 bed room s in mullingar house?

13 - it was ran as a b&b

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

13 beds (B & B)

I just think all his houses are exactly the same on each program

The clients always seem happy enough though.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,135 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Used to enjoy the show, then every design looked the same.

I only used to watch it to see how much over budget he would go each week.

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭ABlur

Demolish it!

I like these two ladies, they seem like very nice people.

My god it's bad.

I assume this is just a raze and start again project??

• Advertisement

NIMAN wrote: »
    Used to enjoy the show, then every design looked the same.

I only used to watch it to see how much over budget he would go each week.

I have a feeling that there will be a big budget tonight (I think)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement