Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2019/2020

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

There’s only so far you can go with Roy telling us our current players are shít though, we are well aware at this stage. His one trick has gotten pretty old, same with Scholes, they don’t have any new input on the analysis but to be fair to them it’s been the same song about United for the last 7 years.

CEO not good enough, players not good enough, manager not good enough. There’s a limited amount of ways you can rehash those statements every weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,302 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

There’s only so far you can go with Roy telling us our current players are shít though, we are well aware at this stage. His one trick has gotten pretty old, same with Scholes, they don’t have any new input on the analysis but to be fair to them it’s been the same song about United for the last 7 years.

CEO not good enough, players not good enough, manager not good enough. There’s a limited amount of ways you can rehash those statements every weekend.

Whilst I agree with you and rarely agree with what Keane says these days, when you have high profile ex United legends where United fans appreciate their views, it might put more and more pressure on the current ownership/management from the top that has led us to arguably the worst position this club has been in 30 years or so.

Maddison boosting his credentials once again.

Would significantly improve United's attack.

Won't be cheap

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭kerplun k

As bad as the game was, we made Maddison look very ordinary when he played against us.

kerplun k wrote: »
    As bad as the game was, we made Maddison look very ordinary when he played against us.

Showed glimpses of his quality in a game where no one shone.

Have him over Lingard every single day seeing as Bruno Fernandes won't be signed.

• Advertisement

Have him over Lingard every single day seeing as Bruno Fernandes won't be signed.

I’d have Chong over Lingard at this point. :)

His form has been really poor this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Who is Fernandes linked with?

Lads off topic but man city are not holding back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,667 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Isn’t it mad how nobody is talking about Spurs collapse?

Pretty sure they’ve a worse record than us in the last 20+ games or so. Poch seeming at heads with Levy, making some very Jose like comments over the last few months. Eriksen wanting out. Can’t see Poch being there next summer.

Trippier said it when he left there were issues behind the scenes, yet things like who takes our penalties seems to be the main stories run by the media.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,692 ✭✭✭This is it

Hococop wrote: »
    Who is Fernandes linked with?

Everyone, absolutely everyone. Signed a new deal with Sporting apparently, though that's probably just a raise for him and a bigger release clause for the club so they get as much as possible for him

Pretty sure they’ve a worse record than us in the last 20+ games or so. Poch seeming at heads with Levy, making some very Jose like comments over the last few months. Eriksen wanting out. Can’t see Poch being there next summer.

Trippier said it when he left there were issues behind the scenes, yet things like who takes our penalties seems to be the main stories run by the media.

Cl final appearance keeping the pressure off him for a bit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭votecounts

Spurs collapse continue is why I think Poch is very much over rated and would not want to see him at utd

Cl final appearance keeping the pressure off him for a bit

Absolutely. I really rate Poch as a manager mind, wanted him over Ole if I’m honest, but somethings happened there and I wonder if he’s losing/lost the dressing room.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,207 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Lads off topic but man city are not holding back

It's a solid plan,score 6/7 every game and you won't miss those cbs

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭votecounts

City taking the piss.

• votecounts wrote: »
    City taking the piss.

They have matched our goals scored in one game I think

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭VW 1

Nope, we won 9-0.

• VW 1 wrote: »
    Nope, we won 9-0.

I mean this season

They have matched our goals scored in one game I think

Correct in the PL yeah.

They had 6 different goalscorers today too in the 8-0 win

From 8 goals, only Rashford, Martial and James have scored

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

I think it shows what can happen when manager and the CEO are at odds. At least spurs fans can console themselves with the knowledge that Levy knows what he is doing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,918 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Correct in the PL yeah.

They had 6 different goalscorers today too in the 8-0 win

From 8 goals, only Rashford, Martial and James have scored

And Pep has said that Arteta will take over from him.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,603 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I've noticed him hanging round with Evra a lot in the last week or two. Seems as if Evra is being a positive influence.

Weren’t Stokes 6 against Liverpool? :P:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Weren’t Stokes 6 against Liverpool? :

Shush, you're not speed talk about that on here, you'll draw them on...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Its not really a meaningful stat, those sorts of 6-0/7-0/8-0 results are usually more to do with the team getting beat than the team scoring the goals.

Do a half assed job in the PL and you'll probably get a hammering, you see it from time to time.

The wider point is true though, United are woeful in attack and have been for a long time now, through different coaches, different managers and different systems. A lot of the same players though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

Just rewatched some of James goals so far this season, the boy is a talent and looking forward to seeing more of him this season. Hope the coaches look after him though and ole doesnt over play him, Europa league games.

It's a solid chance of of CL qualification but i think expierence in PL games is more vital to a player.

Hopeful about Martial as our main focal point striker when he comes back. Himself and Rashford need to step up as there the only options available and i think they'll give it a fierce go.
    Rashford-Martial-James although James/Rashford could be interchangable as James seems to like playing on the left as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Anderson has announced his retirement from football. Rumours are that Gerrard might still be in one of his pockets.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Anderson has announced his retirement from football. Rumours are that Gerrard might still be in one of his pockets.

A certain arsenal no 4 and Frank are also in there

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Despite all the concerns a lot have (I know a lot are warranted) I’m still quietly optimistic.

Scoring goals is the real issue at the moment but I’m happy with the introduction of youth and eye on the future. Also despite not looking great we’re still very much in it, albeit early days.

West Ham will be a difficult game away from home but if we can manage a win, and I’d take any sort at this point, we’d be up to third and only 2 behind City.

It’s very early days but very up in the air. Most of our main rivals are struggling a bit too. Obviously want us to improve in front of goal but genuinely believe we’re trying to become that fast attacking style again and happy with Maguire, AWB and especially James.

Anyway it won’t be fun to watch tomorrow but just want us to keep within reach for now with the goal on improving as we get further into the season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Jurgen The German

Not feeling confident about the game later at all. We are a bit shyt and west ham nearly always raise their game exponentially against us.

What’s up with Sanchez? Seems to be getting very few minutes at Inter.

We've been asking that in his time at United too. He's their problem now.

• We've been asking that in his time at United too. He's their problem now.

Not necessarily, isn't he on loan?

I mean if the plan is to sell him to Inter he needs to be selling himself on the pitch

• Advertisement

Not necessarily, isn't he on loan?

I mean if the plan is to sell him to Inter he needs to be selling himself on the pitch

My meaning was that he never lit the place up here and some with agendas were blaming United. Maybe it's time to look at the man rather than the club.
    But as you say he needs to perform so we can sell him on.

Sahchez body isnt what it was and he seems unable or unwilling to adapt his game to it

It’s like Falcao mark II.

• My meaning was that he never lit the place up here and some with agendas were blaming United. Maybe it's time to look at the man rather than the club.
    But as you say he needs to perform so we can sell him on.

Personally my issue with the club always has been letting them go without replacement

Sanchez seems broken at this stage so I'd say a stint in the US or asia is his option now

Personally my issue with the club always has been letting them go without replacement

Sanchez seems broken at this stage so I'd say a stint in the US or asia is his option now

Just like Rooney,I said it to friends that the MLS would suit him down to the ground. Less intense and he'll have time on the ball to show his quality.
    If Bastian can play in a back 3 over there and look good then surely the likes of Sanchez would still look half decent at the other end.

• Advertisement

In other news.

Mail on Sunday

Paris Saint-Germain boss Thomas Tuchel is being tracked by Manchester United, in case Ole Gunnar Solskjaer fails to improve results.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Starfleet Student

Weren’t Stokes 6 against Liverpool? :P:

That turned out to be a great result for Liverpool in the end as it was the beginning of the end of Brendan and the start of FSG headhunting Klopp over that summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Our record is poor away to West Ham, 3 W 4D 2L in the last 6 years.

We just can’t play like we have in the past 2 games and expect to get 3 points

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,207 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

I'd imagine it's down to him coming back from injury and needing to be brought back in slowly given his history. Could be wrong of course.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

I'd imagine it's down to him coming back from injury and needing to be brought back in slowly given his history. Could be wrong of course.

If he’s not injured surly the best way of getting him ready is game time.

Souness, Keane & Mourinho on Sky Sports coverage for the game today

Going to be a massacre

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Will Greenwood start? Would be a big call.

United XI vs West Ham: De Gea, Wan-Bissaka, Young, Maguire, Lindelof, Matic, McTominay, Mata, Pereira, James, Rashford.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

S.M.B. wrote: »
    Will Greenwood start? Would be a big call.
    Not even on the bench.

Gomes does make his first appearance on the bench though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Not a lot of pace in Mata and Pereira but I guess it worked last week somewhat.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement