Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best 101 players in the Premier league

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Don't see anything too dramatic in the top 20 anyway; rightly dominated by the top 2 with deserved mentions for the likes or Spurs, United and Chelsea.

No sign of Coleman, Ashley Barnes 53rd...I guess they mean best 101 over the last month or 2...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,892 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Best 101 players over the last 5 league games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

What a weird time to put that together - Pukki has played 5 games at this level, how can we judge where he should be in the list? Same for Tammy Abraham, Sebastian Haller - both have started very strongly but how can you make any sort of judgement on such a small sample size?

Not a huge amount that stands out as particurly silly, though, other than the inclusion of people who have barely played PL football. They may all deserve their spot by the end of the season but how can anyone make that call yet?

Any glaring omissions that anyone has spotted?

I didn't notice any major things I'd change - the top 20 probably are the league's best 20, even if not everyone will agree with the order.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,892 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I don't think anyone would disagree that Kante is in the top 10 players in the league but he has only played 1 and bit games this season.

So for me he wouldn't be in in that list in the top 10 after 5 games when you put in all the players who actually played all 5 games.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I refuse to add a click or a page view.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

They must be desperate for attention while everyone is switching focus to the Rugby World Cup.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

How is Bernardo Silva outside the top 10? Even the most hardened Liverpool/United fans can admit he walks into the top 10.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,416 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

They must be desperate for attention while everyone is switching focus to the Rugby World Cup.
    No they're not.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

No they're not.

OMG, like, totes, whatEVES. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

101. Dwight McNeil (Burnley)

Seen enough already, wish I never clicked on the page. gutter journalism at its finest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

How is Bernardo Silva outside the top 10? Even the most hardened Liverpool/United fans can admit he walks into the top 10.

I'd have Bernardo in the top ten and drop Laporte out, I'd say.

Top ten of Mane, Salah, Van Dijk, Firmino, Aguero, de Bruyne, Bernardo, Sterling, Kane, Kante seems about right. Obviously you could argue about the order for hours so I won't bother....
    Dempsey wrote: »
    101. Dwight McNeil (Burnley)

Seen enough already, wish I never clicked on the page. gutter journalism at its finest

Gutter journalism? Really?

Harmless opinion I'd say. Skip it if you want but it's hardly ****ing gutter journalism like the Sun handling Ben Stokes, Gareth Thomas, etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,841 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

I'd have Bernardo in the top ten and drop Laporte out, I'd say.

Top ten of Mane, Salah, Van Dijk, Firmino, Aguero, de Bruyne, Bernardo, Sterling, Kane, Kante seems about right. Obviously you could argue about the order for hours so I won't bother....

Gutter journalism? Really?

Harmless opinion I'd say. Skip it if you want but it's hardly ****ing gutter journalism like the Sun handling Ben Stokes, Gareth Thomas, etc.

If we're talking about the last 18 months - Kane shouldn't be top 10- maybe not even top 15.

His output is pretty much average for the Premier League currently.

5 of his last 20 goals were pens.

Injuries have caught up with him

callaway92 wrote: »
    If we're talking about the last 18 months - Kane shouldn't be top 10- maybe not even top 15.

His output is pretty much average for the Premier League currently.

5 of his last 20 goals were pens.

Injuries have caught up with him

14 goals in 18 internationals since the start of 2018. I'd love an injured striker like him togging out for Ireland...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,841 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

14 goals in 18 internationals since the start of 2018. I'd love an injured striker like him togging out for Ireland...

'Best 101 players in the Premier League'

Btw - 6 of those international goals again were pens

Advertisement