Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Block (Australia) 2019

Options
  • 04-08-2019 11:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55,465 ✭✭✭✭

Started today...

If you like the New Zealand version, you'll love this. It's season 15, so they have a working formula. Bigger budget, bigger project, bigger characters and just a slicker production overall. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭norabattie

Feels so different to the NZ one. The spaces are huge though. wow.
    Like all the contestants so far except for maybe Jesse , just cos he's a bit arrogant

• Registered Users Posts: 55,465 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

One thing that stands out is music licensing. The Aussie version plays 15-20 music tracks per episode. The New Zealand version has none.

Mr E wrote: »
    One thing that stands out is music licensing. The Aussie version plays 15-20 music tracks per episode. The New Zealand version has none.

Oh I spotted all the music on it alright. It makes it better if that makes sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,088 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Loving the new teams - love the 2 guys! Their stuff is fab so far!
    Scotty, Keith and Dan definitely get more involved (and in the faces of the contestants) than Wolfie and Mark (NZ)

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭NewCorkLad

Whats this showing on I missed the last few years?

• Advertisement

Dovies wrote: »
    Loving the new teams - love the 2 guys! Their stuff is fab so far!
    Scotty, Keith and Dan definitely get more involved (and in the faces of the contestants) than Wolfie and Mark (NZ)

2 boys are fab aren't they. Love their style too. And yeah - first time watching so couldn't believe the difference between Mark & Wolfie and the guys on this one. They are tough on them aren't they.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Kdylass

I'd like to know also where I could watch this - I've only seen one season but thought it was great..

I'm up as far as Master Bedroom reveal. I hadn't thought of that downside of
    the party space. The poor neighbours!

I'm now two weeks behind on New Zealand. Don't have time to watch two Block series at the same time.
    Might whizz through the "Previously on..." segments and just watch the full judging episodes.

Its all kicking off down under! :)

El'ise was totally out of order and looks like she's going to kick up more stink. Asking for the money back lol. I liked her at the start, but boy that is one fiery marriage too. I still love the boys although they did get very defensive at the reveal.
    Looking forward to most recent episode.

• Advertisement

Dramarama this week. Wow. :)

Really starting to go off these contestants apart from Andy and Deb - right bunch of whiners! No money left - which is nothing unusual in the block - so stop paying ridiculous amounts for cushions and rugs etc!!!

The standard this year is really high, but it's because they are burning through the cash so quickly.

It's only half way through the season, so some teams are really going to struggle.

Jeez, just watched the budget episode. They're all f**ked. :eek:

Hah... something had to give. Not sure how far 40k extra will stretch though.

Does El'ise ever stop crying? I can't believe how tough they are on the contestants in comparison to the NZ one.

31 - that's a scandal! Copying? Seems pretty blatant from the 32 promo.

The plot thickens. :)

32 - great TV. The two boys were caught rotten! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Always meant to give this show a try as its a good premise and the Aussies do realty shows very well. Where are posters watching it, is it on any of the sky channels or only available online?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

Can't speak for others but I watch it online. I'd definitely recommend giving it a go. Just be prepared for it to take over your life if/when you get addicted - there are 4 episodes a week, each 1 hour long :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Cheers, must dig it out and start watching

All kicking off again down under! Not sure what episode Im on but there aren't many left :)

I've dropped back to just watching the Sunday episodes. Too much other TV on at the moment.

Looking forward to the auction though - I think Mitch and Mark are going to win it.

Mr E wrote: »
    I've dropped back to just watching the Sunday episodes. Too much other TV on at the moment.

Looking forward to the auction though - I think Mitch and Mark are going to win it.

I think they will too - don't really care how much the others make apart from Deb and Andy - would love to see them do well.

Dovies wrote: »
    I think they will too - don't really care how much the others make apart from Deb and Andy - would love to see them do well.

If Andy and Deb don't win then hopefully they will make a decent amount of money out of it. What a lovely unassuming couple. I loved their house this week tbh. It was just a pity they didn't finish.
    Jesse is getting a little too big for his boots now though :D

Wow... Didn't expect that at the finale.

I don't think anyone did, even themselves :D

Bit disappointed really. All seemed too easy!! That's the cynic in me lol

The reserves definitely seemed on the low side. Maybe they've learned their lesson from previous series where they were high and the properties failed to sell, or went for very little over reserve. Or maybe they just got lucky with the market.

Read an article that had some familiar figures giving their predictions about who would win: https://www.domain.com.au/news/the-block-2019-experts-tip-a-winner-904102/

They almost all went for Mitch & Mark, followed by Jesse & Mel - the two teams that came in last & second last respectively. Shows how much the experts know!

• Advertisement

Great finale. I agree that the reserves were set to make money for the contestants.

I remember squirming in past seasons when houses didn't sell, usually because the reserve was too high.

Advertisement