Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Celtic FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2019/2020

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭DavidLyons_

Get ****ing in!!! One all. Christie from the spot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,294 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Great peno it was

We’re looking a very, very good side at the moment.

Cluj beating Lazio In the other game. It’s opening right up!!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Playing well tonight and regardless of the final result am much happier than I normally am in European away games. There's a bit of confidence about the play tonight.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Traore makes a miraculous recovery lol.

PauloMN wrote: »
    Traore makes a miraculous recovery lol.
    Brilliant from Hayes.

Brilliant from Hayes.

Never in doubt, won the ball fully and cleanly.

Bayo off. Will be hanging on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,322 ✭✭✭RoryMac

Shocker from the ref, never touched the keeper

• Advertisement

Very messy end. Just need to hold on for a couple of mins.

Ref is a fcukwit

RoryMac wrote: »
    Shocker from the ref, never touched the keeper

The fans totally bought that 2nd yellow.

Yes!!! Very good result.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

Great result. Ref was so weak. Celtic did so well to come out of that with a draw

Delighted. They are definitely beatable, I'd be dissappointed if we don't beat them at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,322 ✭✭✭RoryMac

PauloMN wrote: »
    The fans totally bought that 2nd yellow.

Yeah looked that way, ref had waved play on before changing his mind.

Still good result, thought we were excellent in the first half and but for a bit of stupidity from Ajer would've won the game

Robbed of a win actually by a very weak ref. A stonewaller for the trip on Christie denied

• Advertisement

Great tackle from Hayes in his own box

https://streamable.com/59xfh

Great tackle from Hayes in his own box

https://streamable.com/59xfh

He's a great squad player is Hayes. Brilliant attitude. Comes in whenever he's asked to play wherever he's asked and always gives a good performance. Would like to see him in the Ireland squad, would be a useful addition for Mick.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭delaad

Going to be a couple of tasty return games at home, v Rennais and Cluj given the cheating both resort to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 330 ✭✭The_Fitz

Good result last night. Unbeaten in 5 away in Europe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭eire4

TheCitizen wrote: »
    He's a great squad player is Hayes. Brilliant attitude. Comes in whenever he's asked to play wherever he's asked and always gives a good performance. Would like to see him in the Ireland squad, would be a useful addition for Mick.

Agreed. With the sheer volume of games we play over a season we need players like Hayes in our squad who we can count on to make solid contributions and Hayes did that again last night when he came on at left back. Will be interesting to see whether Taylor is up to speed to start at left back and make his debut on Sunday but if not I am happy to see Hayes step in.

Overall excellent result last night to get a point on the road against a very good Rennes side. But what impressed me most this was no backs to the wall we scraped out a point performance at all. Quite the opposite we more then matched them all night and fully deserved the point. In fact but for a clear missed call from the ref early in the second half when Christie was definitely clipped in the box for a pk we could have won the game.
    On an aside I have to say the Rennes players were an embarrassment in the second half when it was clear things were not going their way they resorted to en mass faking and wild theatrics. Total lack of class on their part it has to be said.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 535 ✭✭✭tapfit2004

Couldn't find a way of seeing the game today. Got audio from BBC radio Scotland for the 2nd half (well what was left of the 2nd half after the earlier game).

Hopefully someone on here will get the goals up

Better quality highlights

https://streamja.com/g5eE

tapfit2004 wrote: »
    Couldn't find a way of seeing the game today. Got audio from BBC radio Scotland for the 2nd half (well what was left of the 2nd half after the earlier game).

Hopefully someone on here will get the goals up

I had the same struggles re. getting to see the game. Funny thing is I could easily see the earlier game via same sources even though that one was on TV.

Full highlights package here:

Great performance by the looks of that. Penalty save and Celtic hitting the woodwork a number of times.

• Advertisement

eire4 wrote: »
    Overall excellent result last night to get a point on the road against a very good Rennes side. But what impressed me most this was no backs to the wall we scraped out a point performance at all. Quite the opposite we more then matched them all night and fully deserved the point. In fact but for a clear missed call from the ref early in the second half when Christie was definitely clipped in the box for a pk we could have won the game.
    On an aside I have to say the Rennes players were an embarrassment in the second half when it was clear things were not going their way they resorted to en mass faking and wild theatrics. Total lack of class on their part it has to be said.

They were desperately poor. Surprised at them, a quality French Ligue 1 side. We should absolutely trash them in the return leg.

Decent overall performance I thought against Kilmarnock. We never deserved to fall behind but we responded well and it was a comfortable win in the end. Bauer had a good game on his debut start for us and had a great pass for Edouards second goal. Bolingoli had a very good game as well and a great cross for the third goal. Forrest was probably man of the match and very unlucky not to get a goal. All in all a good solid performance and win against a Kilmarnock side who look to me now like they will finish in the top 6.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,990 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

What's the story with O Connor I expected him to only leave United if he was going for first team football at this stage of his career

I haven't seen him starting is he around the squad or close to the first 11?

Nuts102 wrote: »
    What's the story with O Connor I expected him to only leave United if he was going for first team football at this stage of his career

I haven't seen him starting is he around the squad or close to the first 11?

Hasn't made the bench yet as far as I have seen. Celtic play Partick Thistle in a League cup match tomorrow night, might see one or two fringe players on the bench for that

TheCitizen wrote: »
    Hasn't made the bench yet as far as I have seen. Celtic play Partick Thistle in a League cup match tomorrow night, might see one or two fringe players on the bench for that

I could see O' Connor being on the bench for tomorrow nights League Cup game for sure although I suspect Frimpong might be the one to get a start at right back. Will be interesting to see if Luca Connell is involved at all tomorrow night as well. Lennon has made it clear there will be some significant changes to the lineup up and confirmed that Gordon will start in goal.

Brilliant couple of goals from Ntcham. And great to see Sinclair score after being left out in the cold for a while.

Draw for the semi finals in a couple of minutes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭rockatansky

Result!

Delighted for Sinclair.

Sorry to be a debbie downer but Morgan needs to be moved on.

Hibs in Semis

Really good all round performance last night. I was impressed with Bayo. Great to see him get his first goal for us and hopefully that really gives him a lift going forward. But I was also impressed with some of his layoffs and link up play. Ntcham was outstanding head and shoulders the man of the match and that first goal are you kidding me nearly lifted the net offs its moorings. Really good debut from young Frimpong at right back as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭polarbearhead

eire4 wrote: »
    Really good all round performance last night. I was impressed with Bayo. Great to see him get his first goal for us and hopefully that really gives him a lift going forward. But I was also impressed with some of his layoffs and link up play. Ntcham was outstanding head and shoulders the man of the match and that first goal are you kidding me nearly lifted the net offs its moorings. Really good debut from young Frimpong at right back as well.

Bayo got 2 against hearts in August

Bayo got 2 against hearts in August

Actually no they both went down and unfortunately rightly so as OG's.

1-0 hibs, Ajer OG.

1-1, Christie.

Heckingbottom sent off, kicked a waterbottle in the direction of the linesman.

Great header from christie for that goal

https://streamja.com/vJGk

Ntcham should have walked for that, hand in the face.

• Advertisement

Celtic have allowed themselves to get sucked into a fouling game with Hibs. The booking for Brown was a farce

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement