Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Walking Dead | Season 9 | Episode 16 | The Storm [AMC] [SPOILERS]

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Frank O. Pinion

Del2005 wrote: »
    How come there was no snow in the whisper's camp?
    It wasn't at all clear from the episode, but that part at the end with Alpha and Beta, was set sometime later, as "winter subsides".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

Without looking last week at the preview I had a feeling that the finale would be underwhelming which it was. Quite often the penultimate episode of a season (in a lot of shows) is where the big stuff happens and then things get wrapped up to a certain degree in the finale. So yeah, there was little sense of danger in this episode and TWD needs a proper threat to make it come alive.

Anyway, I'm happy with how the season went overall and I didn't think I'd be saying that considering how bad the show was by the end of the Saviours arc. Roll on October!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

duridian wrote: »
    The scene with Alpha and Beta (and onwards including the radio scene) seems to depict events that occurred perhaps months after the storm and following the Whisperers return and probable discovery of the trespass by the headless walker remains.
    Whisperers had migrated elsewhere for the winter and were not there (i.e. Washington/Virginia/Maryland area where the good guy communities are based) at all during the storm, as their nomadic camping lifestyle would not have been survivable in such conditions as the storm.
    The disguised Alpha’s comment to Ezekiel in the previous episode that she expected a particularly hard winter is relevant as more than just a double entendre about what was about to befall those on the spikes.
    Whisperers live in a very animalistic way, a vicious “alpha” leader who can’t show weakness, the weak (screaming baby) left behind to fend for themselves if they threaten the group’s existence or security, a symbiosis of sorts with herds of walkers, etc., etc.
    Animals in the wild are also very aware of and affected by weather, migratory birds, hibernation, breeding seasons etc. This it seems also holds true for the way the Whisperers behave.

I liked the fact that they weren't even in it until that scene and yet the whole episode was driven by their threat. I thought it was quite explicit from the writers, fear of what may be out there rather than what actually is out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,313 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Thought the season overall was an improvement on recent ones but the finale was very underwhelming. I guess they had such a shocker the week before that they went for more of a wrap up vibe with some minor scene setting for the next season.

Whisperers have been a far more interesting enemy than the Saviours so far. Some of the set pieces this season have been much better than anything in recent seasons.

Enough to keep me watching anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Didn't even realise that was a finale until I came here.

I also wondered why nobody told Lydia to zip up her bloody coat if she was so cold.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Arbitrary

I also wondered why nobody told Lydia to zip up her bloody coat if she was so cold.

I imagine this was an intentional tid bit, a reflection of her overall acceptance in the group. They weren't willing to provide her with an item of clothing that they would could give to another established member of the community.

I bet if you look over the season she is wearing the jacket after her arrival. I could be mistaken.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Mongoose_Bike

Didn't even realise that was a finale until I came here.

Ahuh. So do I.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,400 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

A woeful episode, pure filler. Then again, I wasn't a massive fan of ep 15 either. Apart from the shock of the heads on sticks, it was dull and slow paced too. I miss Rick.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,446 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

I seem to be the only one but aside from the inconsistency with people, zombies and how they deal with frost, it is possibly the best episode for a season or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Redriddick

I'm out. No longer interested in any of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭CiaranW

Redriddick wrote: »
    I'm out. No longer interested in any of it.

I say that to myself and on here sometimes!
    But I sort of hate watch it, however I did like this season.
    See you next year!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 36 the sword

Gave up on it a while ago after watching for 7/8 years.

Just feels like there is going to be no end, each season there is a new villain and the plot centres around how they overcome them, and the character turnover makes it hard to invest in it also.

Just seems like they are rehashing the story too much. Always wikipedia the episode to see whats happened to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭willowthewisp

Thought this season was a real improvement on what went before. Penultimate episode was great. Finale was a little let down but what went before made it easier to take.

Ultimately I’d like to see it move towards a conclusion. Doesn’t seem like it’s happening any time soon though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Mongoose_Bike

I agree with the slow pace. And I really missed rick. Now, I cannot see how will be ended. But I still go for Rick waking up from comma and it's all just a dream. Hahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

I really don't know how I'm still watching this. There was a few last episodes that I'd forgotten about that were on the Sky box.
    Absolute rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Thought this season was a real improvement on what went before. Penultimate episode was great. Finale was a little let down but what went before made it easier to take.

Ultimately I’d like to see it move towards a conclusion. Doesn’t seem like it’s happening any time soon though.
    Unless basically everyone stops watching it, I don't see them ever "ending" the main show - I think we'll see other spin-offs, movies, perhaps even games which fold into the main show with new cast. At least that's my understanding of AMC's view on the future of TWD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    I really don't know how I'm still watching this. There was a few last episodes that I'd forgotten about that were on the Sky box.
    Absolute rubbish.

Why are you still watching it then? I mean why waste hours of your life watching something you hate. Never ceases to amaze me, these posts.

I mean you have been criticising and mocking it and telling us all you intend to stop watching it for a few seasons now, looking at your post history, yet you still feel the need to watch it just to tell us all you hate it!!

Advertisement