Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plane flying over and back

Options
  • 12-05-2020 1:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭

Any ideas what the plane was doing flying over and back for about two hours this morning around dundrum, sandyford rathfarnham and beyond im sure. just curious i suppose, land survey? training?

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

greenttc wrote: »
    Any ideas what the plane was doing flying over and back for about two hours this morning around dundrum, sandyford rathfarnham and beyond im sure. just curious i suppose, land survey? training?

Surveying, prob google maps or the like. It was doing North Dublin last week

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/g-rvne/#247c797b

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Tarabuses

I see it was back again this morning in the same area.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,345 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

He's now buzzing back and forth over de northside. Even sweeping west and east directly over the airport, a luxury a small aircraft doesn't get very often. He recently started running as far west as Dunboyne, then turned east to beyond Ireland's Eye and back again.

But he's going over the same ground all the time so I can't see the value of the exercise in terms of a 'survey'.

This guy....

https://www.jetphotos.com/registration/PH-LAW

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭greenttc

you'd love to know what they are doing, cant think of any explanation besides surveying though, maybe it is really high def surveying so each passover is only looking at a very narrow area? i dunno, just trying to make sense of it! wonder is there any way to find out?

must be a nice time to fly with very little traffic to think about,nice weather too!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,555 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

It is doing an aerial mapping survey.

• Advertisement
Advertisement