Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Business openings and closures around you?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭annieoburns

Now open in Dundrum village where Penneys used to be.

There is now a pedestrian link from the side of Aldi in Sandyford to the Beacon shopping area with Dunnes. Pity the car parks were not connected underground. Still a bit of a trek but shorter than having to walk around by road system. I can get stuck with needing cash in Aldi but cash machine is located within Dunnes supermarket

• Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭OssianSmyth

The Purty Kitchen has re-opened under new mgmt

• Registered Users Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭alie

Mr Price opened beside Harry Corrys opposite Nutgrove Shopping Centre

• Registered Users Posts: 23,841 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

alie wrote: »
    Mr Price opened beside Harry Corrys opposite Nutgrove Shopping Centre

'That name again is Mister Price.....'

• Advertisement

Well sorrrryyyy....

• Registered Users Posts: 23,841 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

alie wrote: »
    Well sorrrryyyy....

lol, sorry, I meant that to the tune of Homer Simpson's Mr Plough, not slagging your spelling of it

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭gillapino

Apparantly Nando's are to open in Dun Laoghaire. Bit of competetion for the Hen House beside Gourmet Burger.

Link - http://www.independent.ie/business/commercial-property/nandos-for-dun-laoghaire-3137393.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭davej

Dealz has now opened in Bloomfields Shopping Centre (where Tuthills and Vero Moda used to be).

Down the other end of Dun Laoghaire (between Cakebox and Marsellas) it looks like Michie Sushi is opening....great news for sushi lovers !

It also looks like the Giddy Goose has closed its doors. To be honest I didn't think the food was great there. There is better food to be had nearby in the likes of the Gourmet Food Parlour or Cafe du Journal..

davej

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

davej wrote: »

It also looks like the Giddy Goose has closed its doors. To be honest I didn't think the food was great there. There is better food to be had nearby in the likes of the Gourmet Food Parlour or Cafe du Journal.

It was fairly over priced also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭larry1

The Purty Kitchen has re-opened under new mgmt

Gave this a blast last weekend and I have to say the food was fantastic :)

Dealz open in Dundrum, in the old Pennys and Mister price is a little over priced with some items, you really need to know the prices, a regular bar of Dairy Milk is priced 4.99 reduced to 1.99. However its 1.29 in tescos

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭buster180

DazMarz wrote: »
    Palmer's Golden Ball Tavern in Kilternan closed its doors for the last time on Sunday night... a sad day for the whole area. The Golden Ball had experienced a renaissance in recent times, becoming a thriving music venue, with Aslan and Bagatelle being live staples.

However, this was not enough to save the Golden Ball, as it entered receivership at the behest of a foreign bank and was closed down.

RIP Palmers Golden Ball Tavern...:(

Anybody know what is going on in the place at the moment?? Lots of activity around it lights on inside and bar door open. Don’t think the pub is open again would it be up for auction??

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭Tabitharose

Homestore & More 's opening in the old Homebase building (opp Lidl) in Nutgrove in the next week or two

• Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

I'm really amazed at the amount of activity around Nutgrove atm. I'm just waiting for somebody to move into that circular "restaurant opportunity" (or however it's being advertised these days) building on the corner now!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Aard wrote: »
    I'm really amazed at the amount of activity around Nutgrove atm. I'm just waiting for somebody to move into that circular "restaurant opportunity" (or however it's being advertised these days) building on the corner now!

Nutgrove shopping centre itself went dead when Dundrum TC opened. In the last year or two it's really rejuvenated itself and it's mad busy again with most if not all units occupied. Had difficulty getting a spot there at lunchtime yesterday. Can't see that round yoke across the road being taken anytime soon. I would guess it was part of the planning permission for the whole site there that they had to put in a facility for a restaurant.

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭liffeylite

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    Nutgrove shopping centre itself went dead when Dundrum TC opened. In the last year or two it's really rejuvenated itself and it's mad busy again with most if not all units occupied. Had difficulty getting a spot there at lunchtime yesterday. Can't see that round yoke across the road being taken anytime soon. I would guess it was part of the planning permission for the whole site there that they had to put in a facility for a restaurant.

probably because the old tenants were on celtic tiger rents. once they go bump, new businesses can negotiate fair rates. I think thats the main reason why there are so many shops/restaurants etc sprouting all over Dublin.

While it's not open yet, there's a new shopfront on Dundrum Main St for a sushi/thai place (yes, sushi/thai) called Ocha. It looks like it's good to go, I imagine they're just finishing off the inside. It'll be nice to have a proper sushi restaurant in Dundrum that isn't Yo Sushi.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

there's a Games Workshop (or something very similar) just opened in the old Dun Laoghaire centre, on the bottom floor where the newsagents used to be.
    they've yet to put in all the fittings yet though, so it looks a bit tacky.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭Luckycharm

MCMLXXV wrote: »

I think alot of people go to Nutgrove instead of Dundrum because it is much easier to find parking plus its free, it is a bit of hassle sometimes just getting into dundrum and then driving around looking for spaces especially for Food shopping.

• Advertisement

Luckycharm wrote: »
    I think alot of people go to Nutgrove instead of Dundrum because it is much easier to find parking plus its free, it is a bit of hassle sometimes just getting into dundrum and then driving around looking for spaces especially for Food shopping.

Yup, exactly why I go to Nutgrove. I've noticed an increase in the amount of cars parked there at the weekends.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭Luckycharm

Dónal wrote: »
    Yup, exactly why I go to Nutgrove. I've noticed an increase in the amount of cars parked there at the weekends.

It takes me about the same time to get to Dundrum as it does the Square - 9 times out of 10 I will go to the Square unless clothes shopping (that doesn't happen too often) as so much easier to get in and out of plus 2hrs free parking. Has parking prices gone back up in Dundrum?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,989 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

I see work is ongoing on the Tesco Express that is supposedly going into the old Quinlan's pub building. Does anyone know when the Aldi and Lidl are going to be opening in Terenure Village, looks like work hasn't even started on them yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Bits_n_Bobs

Drove past the old Playwright on Newtown Pk Ave yesterday. I remember hearing that a Tesco Express was going to open up there, have they pulled out? It's looking increasingly derelict.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,695 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

there's a Games Workshop (or something very similar) just opened in the old Dun Laoghaire centre, on the bottom floor where the newsagents used to be.
    they've yet to put in all the fittings yet though, so it looks a bit tacky.

I passed this yesterday and it still looks like car-boot sale of GM stuff :confused: Just one lonely guy standing in front of a table top game and a very small amount of stock on a couple of shelves.

Maybe his dad is the shopping centre manager? :pac:

Just to report that the new outlet of Homestore is now up and running in the former Homebase premises beside the main Nutgrove Shopping Centre. It is opposite the new Lidl in the same complex. It has a lowkey appearance from view from passing car and does not look to be open. It is an upmarket house shop with emphasis on small items such as kitchenware.... filling the gap left by Roches? Handy parking but easy to walk to nearby stores and pedestrian access onto Nutgrove Avenue.

Ocha sushi restaurant now open beside the post office in Dundrum Village. Haven't tried it yet but prices seem reasonable-ish.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

A really nice Thai place has just opened in Rathmines, Jaffa Thai but unfortunately Fitzroy and Finders cafe on the main street has been closed the last few days. All the tables and chairs have been taken out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,855 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

Just to report that the new outlet of Homestore is now up and running in the former Homebase premises beside the main Nutgrove Shopping Centre. It is opposite the new Lidl in the same complex. It has a lowkey appearance from view from passing car and does not look to be open. It is an upmarket house shop with emphasis on small items such as kitchenware.... filling the gap left by Roches? Handy parking but easy to walk to nearby stores and pedestrian access onto Nutgrove Avenue.

Its open. Was in there a week ago. Glad to have one nearby, previously I had to go to Tallaght.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭Tabitharose

new nail bar / beauty salon opened down opposite the Bottle Tower in Churchtown where the shoe shop (?) was which closed a few months ago

Advertisement