Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Draught beer delivery

Options
  • 11-06-2020 10:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭

Can anyone advise of there is a draught beer/Guinness delivery service in South Dublin on a Sunday? One that will pour at your house.

I realise all the downsides and opinions that it's not great and out of date kegs and I'd be better off with cans of Guinness etc but it is a birthday wish for someone and is purely to satisfy a factor of novelty.

Looks like Sunday will be a dry day allowing for an outdoor small gathering but the only service I know of doesn't operate on a Sunday, would be very grateful for recommendations, thank you!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

Where are you based? A few pubs are doing delivery, but only within a certain radius of the pub (usually about 1.5km as far as I know).

Berlin D2 (a pub on Dame St) are doing delivery of Guinness, and they are pulling the pints outside your house. Their contact details are on their website. I don't know what the delivery radius is though

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭greenttc

Thank you Del Boy, I have messaged them on Facebook there to see, it would be delivery to the Terenure/Churchtown area.

I know there is a pub in rathmines that does it too but they dont deliver on Sunday unfortunately. I have been refreshing the met eireann website frequently to see if Saturday gets a bit better!

Further suggestions welcome just in case Berlin D2 dont work out!

As someone who's had a few takeaway pints over the past few weeks I can safely say they they tasted fine.

The first week it was pretty rough tbh, this was about a month ago so it was probably in the taps since the lockdown.
    It's being fine ever since that first weekend.

Roll on 5pm :)

As someone who's had a few takeaway pints over the past few weeks I can safely say they they tasted fine.

The first week it was pretty rough tbh, this was about a month ago so it was probably in the taps since the lockdown.
    It's being fine ever since that first weekend.

Roll on 5pm :)

Good to hear Gilberto! that is my hope! did you get a delivery service? any recommendations or suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

Union in Mt. Merrion will travel within 2km and pull a pint at your house.

• Advertisement

david wrote: »
    Union in Mt. Merrion will travel within 2km and pull a pint at your house.

ah, now we are getting a bit closer to home, brilliant, thank you David, going to try contact them now! fingers crossed!

The pizza is decent too!

david wrote: »
    The pizza is decent too!

Yeah Love their pizza, been there loads of times and was delighted when they opened in Churchtown.

Their website is saying no deilvery of pints cause its outside the 2km radius, I must ring them and see if I can convince them to come a small bit outside their zone, wish me luck!

I'd say call them, if you're getting food too I'm sure they would travel

greenttc wrote: »
    Good to hear Gilberto! that is my hope! did you get a delivery service? any recommendations or suggestions?

Nah just the closest pub to me in Galway has been selling from the front door for the past two weeks daily, the day it was rough the Guards came 5mins after and shut them down.

They have a van going as well but I haven't tried it, but from the pub it's fine anyway. Have had at least two per weekend the last two weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,643 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

I got pints a couple of weeks ago from the Leopardstown inn, will be getting again this weekend too.
    Cold and great heads.

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Gareth Keenan

Sandyford Inn and the Noggin Inn too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

I got pints a couple of weeks ago from the Leopardstown inn, will be getting again this weekend too.
    Cold and great heads.

I presume the Lep Inn are just doing take away pints rather than delivery? Are the pints in proper Guinness glasses or plastic glasses?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,643 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

I presume the Lep Inn are just doing take away pints rather than delivery? Are the pints in proper Guinness glasses or plastic glasses?

No its delivery. They don't do takeaway.

We got 8 pints @€;6, then there's a €2 deposit per glass. So next time we give the old glasses back and get new ones (no glass charge). Once the pub is open you had the glasses back and get your €16 back

Advertisement