Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Health Insurance while in NZ

Options
  • 17-09-2018 12:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks

I'm moving to Wellington next month on a year long visa. For those of you who are living there, can anyone advise me regarding health insurance? I just need basic cover for the year, its a condition of my visa.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭onrail

I used backpacker travel insurance for a year long trip
    Pretty competitively priced and I made a couple of claims in NZ without any issue. Would definitely recommend.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,717 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Get travel insurance with comprehensive health cover.

Any you can buy locally there will have unsuitable waiting periods for cover and will not medivac you home to ireland if you are injured.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

How can you get cover for pre existing illnesses? Only company that will quote is €330 per month.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Gael23 wrote: »
    How can you get cover for pre existing illnesses? Only company that will quote is €330 per month.

Don't know about that one but yeah I'd expect they'd all charge you an arm and a leg for a pre existing illness to be covered. I have a pre existing condition and the crowd I went with refused to cover it.

Advertisement