Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards money diaries...

Options
  • 20-09-2020 10:39am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 158 ✭✭

I was doing some re-searching and I came across a thread about how much people save, how old they are etc and it was really interesting. There was another one where people show how much they earn and how they live.

I love reading the Money Diaries on the Journal but I will admit I stopped reading them during the lockdown (the first lockdown) as I genuinely taught some took the pisastio but some were really intriguing.

I also came across some weekly money diaries online (mind you some were mainly American aiming for the Dave Ramsey Method and UK based so I couldn't find any Irish ones) and I find them really fun to read and see how other people live. The weekly ones I found online where of people that would post every couple of days (or everyday) and explain if they had NSDs (no spend days) or where life threw a spanner in the works.

There was so much encouragements from other posters.

Some even wrote their own "Debt diaries" where they wrote how much debt they have and what they are doing to help pay it off (gradually of course, with or without pressures of everyday life) and I was amaze to see how people were able to pay off thousands and still live and actually, found new ways of living frugally (I dont mean selling their house and home but more along the lines of changing their shopping or even minimizing their ways of spending but not being completely tight to the point where they don't enjoy life)

I was woundering, is there a thread similar or would it be fun to set up a thread where posters can put their weekly (or monthly) updates on how they got on? Bugeting? How their savings are coming on (or not). Just general life challenges. I love reading how people live basically, with no judgments of course. It's all fun and possibly a nice way to chat to people that are in the same situation.

Even giving tips and advice on how someone could change something or gain something.

I wouldn't mind seeing how others are doing, especially as times are extremely difficult now and there are people struggling financially along with mentally and emotionally from all walks of life.

Advertisement