Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

refund from Aer Lingus

Options
  • 03-12-2019 6:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭

Hi, quck question, hopefully someone can help.
    My wife and I booked a flight to Rome a few months ago. We're due to fly in March.
    Since booking, we've found out that were expecting our first baby.
    The due date is only a few weeks after we are due to fly.
    Since flight will be in the third trimester, are we entitled to a refund for the cist of the flights?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭EverythingGood

• Registered Users Posts: 25,331 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

OP, your best bet is to claim off travel insurance. If you don't have any cover then I wouldn't be relying on getting much back from Aer Lingus.....

Saver, Smart and Plus fares are non-refundable. Therefore you are only entitled to a refund of any government taxes and charges.

https://www.aerlingus.com/support/forms/refund-request-form/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,344 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

Hope you bought travel insurance before you went to the doctor

• Registered Users Posts: 81,180 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Your travel insurance may cover you.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,266 ✭✭✭✭ted1

lizzylad84 wrote: »
    Hi, quck question, hopefully someone can help.
    My wife and I booked a flight to Rome a few months ago. We're due to fly in March.
    Since booking, we've found out that were expecting our first baby.
    The due date is only a few weeks after we are due to fly.
    Since flight will be in the third trimester, are we entitled to a refund for the cist of the flights?

Why would you think that you are ? That’s what travel insurance is for and at that she’s pregnant, you are not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

You’ll get the tax back at least
    Call them
    They might let you change to something else without penalties if you know what you want
    I’ve found them v understanding on the phone

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

If she will be 36 or more weeks pregnant then she cannot travel on Aer Lingus. That will be then not allowing her to travel...I wonder does that mean a refund may apply for her as she isn't technically the one deciding not to travel.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,331 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Ludo wrote: »
    If she will be 36 or more weeks pregnant then she cannot travel on Aer Lingus. That will be then not allowing her to travel...I wonder does that mean a refund may apply for her as she isn't technically the one deciding not to travel.

I can't see that working. If you showed up with your leg in a solid plaster cast and no doctor's letter approving you to fly, the same conditions would apply - I want to fly but you won't let me. They'd simply refuse to let you board and it would be your problem.

I think the airlines are reasonable (in terms of refunds) if somebody who is booked on a flight dies beforehand but for injury, pregnancy, family emergency etc., you need travel insurance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭wildlifeboy

I have contacted them 4 times now over FB, Twitter and mail and they gave me a credit note but i want a refund, anyone know how i can force them to give me one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭Avoation1091

I have contacted them 4 times now over FB, Twitter and mail and they gave me a credit note but i want a refund, anyone know how i can force them to give me one?

Call them! i was due to fly to BOS on the 05th of Sept. I rang them that day for a refund and it was with me on the Wednesday after.

• Advertisement
Advertisement