Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Love has no labels?

• 27-02-2018 12:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭

I've been reading a lot of boards over the last week and I cant help but notice the same ad every single time in the banners "lovehasnolabels.ocm"

I typed it into google rather than give it a click, and I get the sense that its a "check yourself" kind of dribble, ie white privilege, straight privilege kind of thing, "look inside yourself and see why youre wrong" kind of thing.

Its also completely aimed at americans in America.

Unless I'm the only one getting this banner, why does this website have an American diversity banner constantly on it?

Surely that's propaganda to an extent? Imagine if it were a Russian advertisement waffling about Russians and how non-Russians should take a "quiz" to recognise their bias. Bizarre.

Could just be me though! (perfect cue for first post there ;))

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

drillyeye wrote: »
    I've been reading a lot of boards over the last week and I cant help but notice the same ad every single time in the banners "lovehasnolabels.ocm"

I typed it into google rather than give it a click, and I get the sense that its a "check yourself" kind of dribble, ie white privilege, straight privilege kind of thing, "look inside yourself and see why youre wrong" kind of thing.

Its also completely aimed at americans in America.

Unless I'm the only one getting this banner, why does this website have an American diversity banner constantly on it?

Surely that's propaganda to an extent? Imagine if it were a Russian advertisement waffling about Russians and how non-Russians should take a "quiz" to recognise their bias. Bizarre.

Could just be me though! (perfect cue for first post there ;))

Ads are tailored by google to the specific user. You may be a candidate for American diversity training.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭drillyeye

Ads are tailored by google to the specific user. You may be a candidate for American diversity training.

It could well be! But everytime I go to the after hours page that ad is there. I even deleted my internet history and rebooted my broadband......but its still there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

drillyeye wrote: »
    It could well be! But everytime I go to the after hours page that ad is there. I even deleted my internet history and rebooted my broadband......but its still there!

Have you tried stopping hating people of different ethnicity to yours? Worth a try maybe...

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭drillyeye

cantdecide wrote: »
    Have you tried stopping hating people of different ethnicity to yours? Worth a try maybe...

Lets not go nuts!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,260 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

I don't know about that.

It had plenty of labels back about two weeks ago on 14th. The lucky lady got a few nice St. Bernard labels for herself!

• Advertisement
Advertisement