Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

1 year anniversary - what to get for the bf!

• 28-06-2009 5:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭

Hi ladies, just here looking for your opinions and suggestions:

Firstly, I met my bf on my internet. We met 2 months later and never officially said we were in a relationship but he told me he loved me about 4 months after! Anyway, when officially would our anniversary be? I'm thinking it's the first time I got talking to him on the internet, or is that silly?

Also, what do you do/get for a 1 year anniversary? We're already going on a holiday abroad so that's not really an option.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭SarahSassy

I think its a year from when ye met.....

Maybe just a nice meal out or something. I found my OH is not at all into anniversaries.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 140 ✭✭Skapoot

Me and me boyf's 1 year anniversary is this week also so i'd like to hear what im supposed to get him too! I need suggestions....

:cool:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Mine is coming up too. It's really annoying though, we first got together on the 30th of June, but became "official" on the 21st of August. However, neither of us saw anyone else while we weren't "official", so I'm not sure which one counts as our real anniversary! Since we probably can't be together next week, I think I'll leave it until August.

As for what to get him, maybe a gadget of some kind? Something special, I'd say, that'll make him think of you when he sees it.

http://www.giftypedia.com/Dating_Anniversary_Gifts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭stackerman

Jasus girls, dont over kill it.
    Anniversaries for getting married ok, but when you first met/talked :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭BlackandGold

I know that, but it's my first proper relationship, and I don't want it to pass unnoticed. I don't want to make a huge fuss, but I want to show him I at least remembered things like when we first met/got together!

Also, a meal isn't an option. Don't ask!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭BlackandGold

Faith wrote: »
    Mine is coming up too. It's really annoying though, we first got together on the 30th of June, but became "official" on the 21st of August. However, neither of us saw anyone else while we weren't "official", so I'm not sure which one counts as our real anniversary! Since we probably can't be together next week, I think I'll leave it until August.

As for what to get him, maybe a gadget of some kind? Something special, I'd say, that'll make him think of you when he sees it.

http://www.giftypedia.com/Dating_Anniversary_Gifts
    LMAO at '5 years' on that list! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭stackerman

Something for yourself that he will like ;)
    CANT go wrong :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

If he's clean shaven, something like this*;

http://www.traditionalshaving.co.uk/mall/productpage.cfm/traditionalshaving/_STA-CRE-NOR/268168/Starter-Kit---Cream

Us men love 'gadgets' like that - And you get the bonus of him having a far smoother face and a scent you can choose :pac:

*If you do decide to go for it, I'd personally recommend the Progress razor option (It's an extra 13 pounds though).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

I would call your anniversary as being from when he first asked you out on a date. We still celebrate it more than we do our wedding anniversary as it is a lot longer. If you count from when we first started talking then we are together 14 years :eek:

We also have a problem with ours in that there is a break between our first date and our second date and we broke up a few times before we got married.

In terms of what to buy for him - well, what does he like? You could always buy a meal out on your anniversary if you are on holidays for it - we normally go to Paris for ours.

Advertisement