Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What would u like for Christmas?

Options
  • 20-11-2006 7:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭

Seeing as there are always requests for what will I get my g/f, b/f Dad, mum etc
    I thougt it might be better to post what gifts you would like to recieve.
    just say what age you are and what you would like to recieve.

I'll start.
    I'm 30 year old guy and would love to get any of these:
    A nintendo Wii
    A good cookbook
    Any of the games listed in the Gamestm magazine as been a must have that I don't own (these lists are a great way of finding a good game to buy someone if you know nothing about games yourself.)
    Tickets away for a weekend anywhere really but Rome or Barca would be nice.
    Prada aftershave
    Cashmere socks
    The The Blue Planet Boxset or David Attenborough Boxset

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Apart from the usual "don't want anything for Christmas" most years, I am looking for a decent set of saucepans for our new kitchen as I like to cook. The ones we have right now are a load of tosh. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭Thursday*

I'm a teenage girl (albeit not a completely representative one) and I would like

-music that YOU like - that is, the person giving it to me. That way I can find out about more good music. That includes mix CDs - I don't care how much money is spent on me or if any is.

-anything that somebody made for me.

-really good books, that you know are good. Poetry, essays, fiction, non-fiction, anything.

-Ani DiFranco's DVD Render.

-chocolate

-Blu Tac! Honest to God! It eats itself. Not that that makes it more fun, just that it means I always need more. Although, point of information, it leaves big greasy marks on eco-paint. So depending on your priorities, avoid Blu Tac, or avoid eco paint.

-The Joy of Mathematics by Theoni Pakkas. No joke.

-If you could track them down - back issues of discontinued magazines Growing Without Schooling (USA) or Spare Rib (UK).

-a subscription to New Internationalist.

-art materials

-an MP3 player - but I'm not holding my breath.

-a really nice, thick, warm 100% cotton towelling dressing gown.

-natural cosmetics/toiletries

-the sheet music for Both Sides Now by Joni Mitchell - for voice and piano.

-stationery, always. Nice paper, nice notebooks, nice pens.

That's a lot, it'll do for the moment!

^ Not looking for much, are you? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,982 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

A load of boss stomp boxes (which I really am getting, woooo)

That's about it really.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

The only thing I'd want for Christmas is the winning ticket for the euro-millions lotto. :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

I'm still undecided as to what I want for Christmas.

I've never too much clothes though, so will be adding to the wardrobe in some way or another. Definately a few hoodies, polos and shirts. Maybe some jeans or other pants and I wouldn't mind a new blazer or a jacket.

Have been thinking about a skydive, have been wanting to do it for quite a while now but its only €320 for the first one, so might just wait and pay for it myself.

Wouldn't mind having my credit card paid off again too, got it cleared recently but have managed to max it out again using it as an ATM for money that I don't have...

I don't really need anything right now like, I could do with some things but I can live without them. Will be buying my first car in the next month, so I could do with a hand out for the insurance or something but I can sort that out myself really.

As long as I get a nice Christmas dinner with my family I'm happy :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭Killaqueen!!!

I want Christmas back the way it used to be!!!!

Christmas sucks for me now. Don't get me wrong, I'm no Scrooge - I absolutely love Christmas. I love the build-up to it, the Christmas songs, the food the drink, the family the presents!!!!

But it's not what it used to be. My parents make me write a list of EXACTLY I want, and thats what they'll get me. So whats wrong? Well, I would just like a surprise for once. I don't want anything big, I don't want anything expensive. Just some nice little surprise presents. They don't even wrap the presents anymore.....:(

I know I should be grateful that I'm getting anything - and that they're ensuring I get what I want...and I am. But it'd be cool to get it back the way it used to be.

Also, it's not a family thing anymore. Christmas Day is actually boring.

I don't know, it's weird...sorry for the big rant.

Failing that though, I'd love a Nintendo Wii but won't be expecting one! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

My gf is getting me a nice new soundsystem for my car, cos the current one is crap. My da is gettin a flying lesson and the bro a game for the Wii.

Dunno what to get my ma or GF

• Registered Users Posts: 21 koko3100

30 year old woman (well nearly,next week)

I feel sorry for people buying for me around christmas because my birthdayso near and this year with a special number my bf is under pressure.

I have already told him I want a winter coat and leather gloves, 1 for xmas and 1 for birthday would be fantastic.

Perfume I would adore

A nice moisturiser, I AM nearly 30!!

Wine glasses and a bottle of wine

Bottle of champagne.

Hope this helps if buying for a female of similar age this christmas.
    We never have enough perfume!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭deisemum

I haven't given it much thought so don't really know what I'd like and as there isn't anything I need and I normally just get something if I fancy it or more often than not I win it.

I'm 42, mum and childminder so I've loads of perfume and toiletry gift sets that I've received from the parents.

My husband is useless at choosing something so I normally give him a list so he can pick something from it.

This year I've told him that I'll get my own gift vouchers :rolleyes:

I've given him some suggestions of what the boys can get for me such as some postcards and stamps as I love entering competitions or a subscription to certain magazines.

This thread has gotten me thinking. The ideas are starting to come to me :D

I've seen some newbridge ceramic candle holders with candles that are nice.
    Maybe as I like trying out new dishes a voucher for a day course at a cookery school that I've been to a few times.

That's about it, but anything would be better than what my horrible sister in law got me 9 years ago when I was a nursing mum to a 10 week old baby - Bust Beauty Gel to prevent them ageing and sagging and as we dislike each other it was done to upset me. :eek: :eek: :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Some Gucci Envy aftershave.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,727 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

I want Christmas back the way it used to be!!!!

yeah, its Christmas every second week for some kids. Families in general arent as close, Christmas traditions are dyin and decoration and light competitions seem to be the new thing!

Love Christmas too but its not the way it was

decent spec'd laptop would be nice,
    but Id settle for a "deadly buzz" Christmas, some socks and the usual smellies along with the Crimbo dinner!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Kolodny

The willpower and motivation to lose the all the extra weight I will no doubt put on over the festive season. And maybe a new digital camera.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

This will be my first xmas with my wife and it will be the first time i have woken up beside anybody on xmas morning so looking forward to that more then anything......

The only other thing i want is the puppy i am due to get on the 1st of feb and the wait is killin me :(
    Kolodny The willpower and motivation to lose the all the extra weight I will no doubt put on over the festive season

Most defo that and the other fat i have put on over the whole year!!!!!!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭CathyMoran

racso1975 wrote:
    This will be my first xmas with my wife and it will be the first time i have woken up beside anybody on xmas morning so looking forward to that more then anything......
    That is so cute - my fiancee and I are spending our first Christmas together too and are getting married a few days later.

I have asked for something practical from my fiancee (new glasses) as we are getting married so soon after Christmas but knowing him he will get me something else also, maybe a pamper morning before our wedding.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,746 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Cathy - I hope that you have a great one. You deserve it.

As for what I'd like for Christmas (in priority order):

1. Billy Jr to beam with happiness when he sees what Santa brought him.
    2. "Unborn Billy" to stop kicking the bejaysus out of Mrs Billy so we can both get a good night's sleep.
    3. Snow.
    4. The time to read the books that I got for last Christmas.
    5. Another cook book to add to my collection.
    6. A shiny new pair of Doc Martens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭glitter-bug

i would like it to snow so i actually have an excuse to put the doggie hoodie on my schnauzer without him looking like a prat :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

I'd love some snow and vera wang perfume and a baby blue kettle and matching toaster!! Also peace and happiness troughout the world......but mostly the perfume!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭NiSmO

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

Moved and merged with existing thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭adamcp

agh I don't know what to get, just got one game in mind Meidieval total war 1 which I really want and should be class! but after that I'm only thinking on getting te band of brothers boxset or maybe an xbox 360. Any ideas??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

I would like:
    - Lots of money towards my volunteer work trip to Kenya 07
    - A Wii or Nintendo DS with the mario bros mini games game
    - Cars DVD
    - Simpsons season 6 DVD
    - Dylan Moran DVD
    - New clothes
    - Massage/ spa voucher

And unlikely but desirable is:

- Cosmetic surgery voucher for about e5000

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Ronan Raver77

29 year old male my bday yesterday:(
    I would like a house for xmas if not well then a blonde and a brunette at the end of my bed when i wake up on christmas morning:):)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

then a blonde and a brunette at the end of my bed when i wake up on christmas morning:):)

Would the beores from the Meteor adverts do? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Ronan Raver77

Lil Kitten is it the two ladies from the meteor ads????? Cant picture them now will have to investigate:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭deisemum

My christmas has just gotten better. I got a phonecall this afternoon about delivery of a 40" Sony Bravia HD plasma tv that I won from a competition that was in the Daily Star last week.

I don't buy that paper but I was having a coffee in a local cafe and entered when I saw the comp in the paper, the cafe had a selection of newspapers for customers use. Best value cup of coffee I've had :D

I've had a very good run of luck recently having won a 2gb Ipod Nano, €200 Smyths vouchers and some DVDs, tickets to events etc.

Advertisement